Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2005 6:45:24 PM EDT
I was told that they can be sent as a title 1 weapon because you can put a 37mm bbl on them. This would make them a flare gun which isn't illegal in NJ.

Anyone know about this?

I have to refer to Nappen's Book on NJ Gun Laws but can't find it. If anyone has one check it out for me please.

I'll also call the NJ State PD Firearms Division in Trenton, but I doubt they will know!

Just checking because I know of someone wanting to sell one. I won't be shocked if its not legal in NJ

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:17:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I checked my copy. The only mention is FLARE GUNS also known as "visual distress signaling devices. Yes, flare guns are legal under NJ law.

Note: "Flare guns are one of the few specific items exempted from NJ's gun control scheme. Flare guns can be readily purchased in marine equ. stores. The key is to make sure that the flare gun you buy is US Coast Guard approved. This aspect may be troubling for collectors of historic/military flare guns if they are not USCG APPROVED."
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:54:15 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I checked my copy. The only mention is FLARE GUNS also known as "visual distress signaling devices. Yes, flare guns are legal under NJ law.

Note: "Flare guns are one of the few specific items exempted from NJ's gun control scheme. Flare guns can be readily purchased in marine equ. stores. The key is to make sure that the flare gun you buy is US Coast Guard approved. This aspect may be troubling for collectors of historic/military flare guns if they are not USCG APPROVED."

And how would I do this?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:31:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And how would I do this?

Beat's me? Personally I wouldn't be that concerned about mounting it on your AR. It can only launch flares and not the real 20mm M203 projectile, correct?

Chaulk it up to another of our wonderful confusing, disturbing,embarrassing,archaic,antiquated, nonsensical NJ gun laws were are saddled with.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:18:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And how would I do this?

Beat's me? Personally I wouldn't be that concerned about mounting it on your AR. It can only launch flares and not the real 20mm M203 projectile, correct?

Chaulk it up to another of our wonderful confusing, disturbing,embarrassing,archaic,antiquated, nonsensical NJ gun laws were are saddled with.

40mm
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:15:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And how would I do this?

with the 37 mm bbl you can only shoot flares, smoke, bird bombs, but no explosives.  However, if you have the 40 mm barrel which is rifled you can. If you have the 40mm barrel in the same house as the receiver then you better have a DD permit
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:47:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And how would I do this?

40mm

I stand corrected!! Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top