Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/5/2006 1:42:25 PM EDT
I'm looking at buying an RRA Tactical CAR A4 and it's shown in the RRA catalog with a 6 position adjustable stock. Is that legal in NJ? It's not folding, just length adjustable.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AR1200X&storeid=1&image=06taca4.gif&CFID=10495171&CFTOKEN=57272792

Also, I'll probably buy an EOTech down the road. I'm thinking about getting the RRA EOTech mount right off the bat with the gun, but if for some reason, I don't end up with an EOTech, will I be screwed? Is there another upper rail I should look into?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:52:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2006 2:03:18 PM EDT by mirror]
No collapsible/adjustable stocks are NOT legal in NJ. You can get it set and permanently fixed, that would then qualify it as NJ legal.

If you are unsure of your future EOTech purchase, I would hold off on the mount for now. If you do decide on the mount, and don't get an EOTech you could sell it on the EE, but to me that is more work then needed.

^_^_^
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:57:47 PM EDT
There are [fixed stocks] that are shorter in length than what the C/A stocks are capable of, yet they are legal.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:31:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mirror:
If you are unsure of your future EOTech purchase, I would hold off on the mount for now. If you do decide on the mount, and don't get an EOTech you could sell it on the EE, but to me that is more work then needed.

What flattop rail would you reccomend that could take an EOTech or and Aimpoint (I understand the front sight will be in the way)? I want to start with iron sights (maybe an ARMS or something).

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:28:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By vadge:

Originally Posted By mirror:

What flattop rail would you reccomend that could take an EOTech or and Aimpoint (I understand the front sight will be in the way)? I want to start with iron sights (maybe an ARMS or something).

Thanks

As far as the EOTech, the Dominator mount from RRA is awesome. You can use the iron sights, then mount the EOTech when/if you eventually get one. I guess an Aimpoint will work with the RRA Dom but I have yet to see/hear people try it out. If you are leaning towards the Aimpoint you can probably get a ring mount that will give it the correct height, and get a BIUS from ARMS or another company as you mentioned.

^_^_^
Top Top