Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 5:26:24 PM EDT
The next Tactical Rifle Match will be held April 15, 2006 at the Carolina Star ( www.carolinastar.com ).  Registration for the match will begin at 0830 hrs, with a safety briefing at 0845, and shooting to commence immediately thereafter.  The match will consist of three COF's, with a minimum round count of 70.  Targets will consist of IDPA silhouettes, steel plates, and bowling pins, with engagement distances from contact to 200 yards.  IDPA silhouettes will require a minimum of two scoring rounds, and reactive targets will be scored up or down.  The fee for the match will be $20.

The first COF is a skills drill.  Targets will consist of a bank of steel plates at 40 yards, and a bank of IDPA silhouettes at 7 yards.  The shooter will engage each IDPA target and steel target, perform a mandatory reload, repeat, perform a mandatory reload and repeat to end the string.

The second COF will be a distance stage.  Targets will consist of a bank of IDPA silhouettes at 200 yards, a bank of bowling pins at 75 yards, and a bank of steel plates at 125 yards.  The shooter will begin the COF by engaging the IDPA silhouettes from a standing / unsupported position.  The shooter will then move to a stepped barricade and engage the bowling pins from a kneeling / sitting position.  The shooter will then move to a low barricade where they will engage the steel plates from the prone position.  This stage was rained out of the last match, but you're not getting off that easy.

The third COF is our Shoot House.  Through the door, negotiate the house, engage all shoot targets, and don't shoot the friendlies.  Targets will be from contact / powder burn distances to "across the room".  Easy, Right?  

Our standard "One Gun - One Optic" rule is in effect.  

Steel core / AP ammunition is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  We shoot a lot of steel, and this type of ammunition presents a safety concern, and can cause damage to the equipment.

As always, guns and gear will be available for those that need them.  We ask that you provide new, commercially manufactured .223 ammunition for use in these weapons.

Please feel free to contact me with questions / comments.

Hope to see you there!

If you're wondering what our matches are like, check this out: VIDEO
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:32:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I am going to do everything in my power to make it to this one.  I have tried to go to the last two, and something has come up both times.  This will be my frst competition, and I know it will be a blast.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:53:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
This will be my frst competition, and I know it will be a blast.

Count on it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:20:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Encouraged by the turn out at the last rifle match, and in a grand moment of
weakness, SCOOP and I purchased two new static steel targets to be used in our
matches.  We believe that the static steel, which does not have to be
re-set, should help the matches run a little faster, especially on the
stages where some distance is involved.

The static steel plates, unlike the falling plates we currently use, absorb
all of the kinetic energy of the bullets and therefore have some
limitations.  We have always stated in our match announcements, that
"absolutely no steel core / AP ammunition is permitted".
As per the manufacturers specifications, and due to the greater saftey
hazard caused by shooting steel core/AP ammunition at static steel, we will
be STRICTLY enforcing this policy.  Please be aware that several types of
7.62X39, as well as the "green tip" M855 / SS109 5.56 ammunition falls under
this restricted category.  We also ask that you limit your 5.56 / .223
ammunition to weights of 55 grn and greater.  The lighter weight bullets in
this caliber excede the manufactureres specified safety limit for bullet
velocity.  As most of us shoot commercial / mil-surp 55grn ball ammunition,
we believe that for the most part this will be a non-issue.

We're constantly trying to improve our matches.  Please help us to maintain
a safe, fun atmosphere in which to enjoy our sport.

Thanks - Rabbit9
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:44:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Bump for the match. Not that anyone from the Atlanta area would come. The invitation is still there.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:19:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I have not shot a match anywhere since the last one. Been painting the house for the last three weekends. But I am puting down the brush for this one.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:15:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Bump for the match. Not that anyone from the Atlanta area would come. The invitation is still there.

I-20 doesn't run East out of Atlanta anymore, I checked. I have to go all the way toSavannah to come back home from there now.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Do a shoot without keeping score and maybe  some would make the ride
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:22:15 PM EDT
[#8]
If you could ask Custer, even the Indians kept score.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:33:21 AM EDT
[#9]
I know a fella that's good at losing the scores......................at least for a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:47:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks guys for another GREAT match!!

KEEPING SCORE???? Who cares about a score? It's all about having a "GOOD TIME"
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 1:38:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Ouch! Thou hast cut me to the quick.  Of course, I've also been so busy that I didn't even know you were having a match yesterday!  Not that I could have come anyway with the In-Laws in town.

So, when is the NEXT one?  I need some advance notice to put it on the calendar and actually CROSS THE RIVER and do one of these dang things.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top