Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2003 10:23:16 PM EDT

I tried to find a spot in the Coconino National Forest. I spent three weekends up their. I will continue to look for next summer.
 It's not an easy task. When I would find a clearing their would either be no backstop, campers, or house on private land (1/4 mile rule). I was on my own on finding a spot. Also Gadsen was right about it being hot if your not in the trees.
 It looks like we will have to camp in the tree areas and drive to an isolated area to shoot next summer.

Hopefully Steve can get us set up next month for another Casa Grande shoot.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 10:27:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Apologies from me for not being more help.

I have been busy and found a new girl.

D.
AZEX
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 10:31:03 PM EDT
[#2]
... It is tough finding good shooting spots in the pines. Thanks for looking. No worries, we'll shoot soon.

... If nothing else, when it cools down maybe we'll organize another shoot in the abandoned gypsum mine where I had that Tannerite shoot last May 4. That place rocks; on many different levels!
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 10:55:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Hopefully Steve can get us set up next month for another Casa Grande shoot.

I'll get the potty's ready and I recently purchased a bullhorn just for these occasions.

Let's DO IT!

Link Posted: 9/10/2003 10:46:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I know I haven't been around much but I do have plans on another Casa Grande Shoot.  I'm thinking late October, let me know if you guys have any suggestions or know of any other events going on so I don't schedual on the same weekend.  As soon as I get the reservation or more info I'll let you know.

Steve
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:20:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Mid to late October is fine with me.  I'll be there.

](Note to self:  Start loading ammo NOW)
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 8:07:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm ready!
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:19:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Casa Grande shoot

Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:42:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Casa Grande shoot

I'm down.   WOOOOOOOOO!

Who's up for some clay pigeons?  $4 for 90 at the local Wal-Mart.  I'll get a few hundred.  (for the shotgunners in Tucson, $30 for 250 shells at West of the Pecos)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Edited to add: OK I'm a little excited.  But I've been shooting deprived since school started.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 6:13:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm down.   WOOOOOOOOO!

Who's up for some clay pigeons?  $4 for 90 at the local Wal-Mart.  I'll get a few hundred.  (for the shotgunners in Tucson, $30 for 250 shells at West of the Pecos)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Edited to add: OK I'm a little excited.  But I've been shooting deprived since school started.

I've got the better part of a case of clays.

And I'll be sure to bring my 1917 Enfield and a lot of ammo.

I've GOT to do some more trap shooting with THAT.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 8:15:25 AM EDT
[#10]
What's the status of the noise findings from the last shoot at Casa Grande? Will we ever get to shoot tannerite there again?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top