Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2015 1:28:08 AM EDT
Something is wrong with the dryer anyone have a good repairman in the area thanks.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:40:50 PM EDT
[#1]

What is wrong with it? Unless it destroyed itself somehow you can fix it yourself.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:45:55 PM EDT
[#2]
If it runs but is cold air you can easily replace the heating coil yourowndamnself. I think there are youtube instructions.
I have done it a couple of times. Heating coil was cheap.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:58:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep I think I will try to fix it. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:26:57 PM EDT
[#4]

If it turns but doesn't heat there are several things to check.
First- make sure both legs of the outlet have power. Each should have 115 volts. If one is dead check the breaker. Sometimes one breaker will trip but not the other. If they are ganged it will look and feel as if it isn't tripped. Check for power on each hot leg.
If you have power check the thermal fuse. Look online for details on your dryer to find it. Use an ohm meter. If it shows open replace it. It is about $10.00.
If those are good check the thermal limit thermostats.
If all those are good check the heater coil itself.

It is probably one of those. I would check in that order- easiest and most likely first.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If it turns but doesn't heat there are several things to check.
First- make sure both legs of the outlet have power. Each should have 115 volts. If one is dead check the breaker. Sometimes one breaker will trip but not the other. If they are ganged it will look and feel as if it isn't tripped. Check for power on each hot leg.
If you have power check the thermal fuse. Look online for details on your dryer to find it. Use an ohm meter. If it shows open replace it. It is about $10.00.
If those are good check the thermal limit thermostats.
If all those are good check the heater coil itself.

It is probably one of those. I would check in that order- easiest and most likely first.
View Quote

Thank You I will post the outcome soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top