Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2009 4:58:34 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/4/2009 6:45:23 AM EST by Mugbug]
I am thinking about attending the Appleseed shoot out at Ramah in a couple of weeks.

Has anyone been that can fill me in on details and worth? It seems like a outstanding program if it lives up to the description.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:41:12 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/4/2009 5:43:21 AM EST by Timothy]
I had a friend that went last year. He liked it. Said that the course really helped him improve his long range accuracy. He claimed to get a bit muddy, but I think that he liked that too. I'll call him and try to get more details.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:02:02 AM EST
www.appleseedinfo.org/smf

tons of stuff on there.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:37:45 PM EST
Originally Posted By BozemanMT:
www.appleseedinfo.org/smf

tons of stuff on there.

Yep, I have snooped through all of their sites and forums....Looking to get first hand feed back.

Seems like a unbelievable opportunity for the price. Maybe its one of those rare things where you get more then you pay for. Heck these days I would settle for getting what I pay for....
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:19:36 PM EST
1000s of people think so.
On an all volunteer basis (nobody gets paid, in the entire org), they're going to run over 10,000 people thru this year. A drop in the bucket, but at least a drop.
They more than doubled from last year. (and the year before and the year before)

for $70 for 2 days vs everyone else a lot more than that. (100's to 1000's more)

really, what's the loss?
You get to shoot stuff for 2 days

and if you pay attention and go with a good attitude, you'll learn quite a bit.

It's a good program

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:57:40 PM EST
I went to the Appleseed in Rahma back in May. Had a great time, and learned a lot about the Battle of Lexington and Concord that I never learned about in schools.

Ben Lomond is a nice range, also! At least it was in the sunny late-spring weather

Would definately recommend. Would go again if I had the time...

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:44:04 PM EST
Thanks Everyone,

I am planning on being there on the 14th and 15th.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 3:38:58 PM EST
That's me in the boonie 2 posts up - got my Rifleman patch too. It's a great time - even if you're an experienced shooter, better if you're not. After I went I had 2 friends go and they loved it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:52:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By hkOrion:
That's me in the boonie 2 posts up - got my Rifleman patch too. It's a great time - even if you're an experienced shooter, better if you're not. After I went I had 2 friends go and they loved it.

And I'm sitting next to you on your left
Top Top