Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2007 5:39:56 AM EDT
Hey All,

There is an Appleseed Shoot set up for January 19-20 in Boulder City, NV.

Appleseed Information and Schedule

If you have not been/heard about these shoots, they are very informative and great fun.

The focus is on teaching the required, fundamental skills needed to be accurate with your rifle out to 500 yards, and well as reconnecting today's rifle owner with the Rifleman Heritage of our Founding Fathers.

The events are family friendly and inexpensive.  At $70 for the weekend, it is difficult to beat the instruction and exposure.  Kids under 21 and Military shoot FREE.

Take a look at the web site, if you have any questions about the shoot or Appleseed program, feel free to IM me.

See ya there!
Link Posted: 12/27/2007 10:13:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey Everyone,

This Appleseed is shaping up to be a good one!

Lots of quality folks coming in from different parts of the region, and the attendance looks to be really good.

Step on up and get registered, sounds like this will be a good way to start the New Year!

Appleseed Info and Registration

Feel free to IM me with any questions.

I hope to be at this one myself!
Link Posted: 12/28/2007 7:47:20 AM EDT
[#2]
If I remember correctly, this site is not far from Las Vegas --- mmm, $4.99 lobster buffet .

Remember, guys, under 21 and current military shoot for FREE!  Bring your kid brother (or sister!) for a solid introduction to safe & effective rifle shooting.
Link Posted: 12/29/2007 5:58:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I just registered.
I went to one previous Appleseed at Boulder City.
I registered for, and paid for the last one, and forgot about it and never went.
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 6:41:15 AM EDT
[#4]
444, that happens more often that you'd believe!  Mark your calender for this one.  Got a young person to bring along?  Under 21 shoots for free, & they're likely to remind you daily....
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 12:20:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I just registered.

Looking forward to learning a lot and having a good time.
Link Posted: 1/11/2008 9:47:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Bump
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Less than a week to go!

Looks like some folks from SWAT Magazine will be joining us at this shoot.  

They did an article on Appleseed for the February issue, check it out!

They are good folks, look forward to seeing them on the line!

See ya there!
Link Posted: 1/14/2008 6:19:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't know if I am going to be able to make it.

Yesterday at work I tore one of the tendons that attachs the bicep to the elbow. I am probably going to have to have surgery to reattach it.
That being said, it doesn't really hurt much. I still might go.
Link Posted: 1/17/2008 3:53:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Bump...and you can show on saturday or sunday if you did'nt register and shoot. It's a few bucks more but worth it IMHO.

Link Posted: 1/17/2008 8:09:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got the family going; looks to be a great time.  Hopefully the old guy can outshoot the youngsters!

D
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 1:33:18 PM EDT
[#11]
AAR

The old guy did out shoot the only kid that came.... The girls had "other pressing issues" and declined to come along.  Our son did very well, and my wife unfortunately drew the bad mags and seemed to have more than her share of misfires due to bad ammo (Remmys).  We all shoot 10/22's and on Sunday I swapped with my son since his was having feeding problems; he fired one shot with mine and the extractor launched off the bolt.  Only failure in 32 years on that rifle...  We pulled out the spare and pressed on.

If you've never attended one of these events... I highly suggest it; it's a lot of fun and you'll probably learn quite a bit about yourself and how to become a better marksman.  It takes marksmanship down to the basics of a shooter and their rifle and builds from there.  No rests of any kind and all shooting was done with a sling from standing/sitting/prone positions.   I went to learn about how to use a sling more effectively and I succeeded in that respect.  It's not a competition with others, only yourself.  Of about 40 shooters, only 4 achieved Rifleman status.  Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful, and we got to meet Fred and his band of instructors; great folks!  

And the coolest part.... The Liberty Volley

1400 rounds in about 3 minutes from 2 adjacent bays.

See you at the next one in October at Boulder City.

Dan
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 4:35:21 AM EDT
[#12]
I am so happy that you enjoyed it.
Sounds like they had a good turnout.

I was pretty disappointed to miss it. I had put together a 10/22 just for this purpose. Oh well, I made another donation to the cause I guess.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 4:55:40 AM EDT
[#13]
dq15, Thanks for the AAR and we look forward to seeing you in Oct at Boulder City.

For those that missed this shoot, there are some others that may work,

Cedar City, UT, 2:30 away
Middlegage, NV   6:00 away

We are working on a date in Page, NV  We should know about this location in a week or so.

Also we have 3 locations in Southern California, if you want to head that way.  Ridgecrest, Ca and Corona, Ca are 3:30 and Piru, CA is 4:30.

Camping is available at all of these locations and some long range shooting will be available at some of them.

Just a thought,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top