Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2013 1:54:01 PM EDT

BENTON, AR -- A man was arrested Tuesday after police say he pointed a handgun at another driver during a road rage incident.

According to the Benton Police Department (BPD), officers were called to Interstate 30 near the Carpenter Street overpass at approximately 4:40 Tuesday afternoon on a report of possible aggravated assault. Dispatchers told police the driver involved in a road rage incident was last seen heading east on I-30.

Officers located 28-year-old Jason Stegall at the Alcoa Exchange shopping center a short time later, and after finding a handgun and several automatic rifles in his possession, arrested him.

View Quote

Full story - http://www.arkansasmatters.com/story/man-arrested-for-pointing-handgun-at-driver-during-road-rage-incident/d/story/aOCH0Pvn50Gviguqc7c8FA
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know him! But if he had unregistered MGs like the report said is is fixing to get raped by the ATF.

But I bet we later learn they were simiAutos.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 6:24:43 AM EDT
[#2]
lol, I've thought of doing that 100's of times. Good thing I'm not stupid enough to do it
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#3]
According to the media, everybody has MG's.  I'm so behind.....
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 2:30:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Not Amish enough  
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 12:03:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been able to glean a little info about this incident.   The individual did NOT have an automatic weapon.  He does have a CCW.   He had several of his firearms in the back of his vehicle as he had been to the range the day prior.  The ATF is seizing one of his guns however.   Of course it is unknown as to specifics as to why precisely.   I can say with certainty that he did not possess any MGs.     But beyond the ATF........

He was arrested and was released on bond the next morning.  The individual was sitting in McCallisters in Bryant when the police spotted his vehicle.   From this point a whole lotta WTF happened.  He was not armed at the time but was handcuffed anyway and his vehicle searched.  He pulled the lawyer card pretty quickly

The complainant happens to be a Benton Fireman.  This Benton Fireman pulled out in front of this individual who happened to be pulling his PWC heading to the river.   This almost caused an accident to which the fireman was not aware of.   Flipping of the bird occurred.  lol   There was some road jockeying.  The fireman called Benton dispatch to report.  Benton PD began searching for the vehicle.   Here is where things are messed up but I can't say more here on a public website.

He had a court date scheduled to plead for Oct 22nd which was cancelled at the last minute since Benton PD has not sent any paperwork to the Prosecutors office.  Also all three of the initial charges are Felonies so the Benton courts cannot try this case.  Must go to circuit court.

As a public service announcement I will say that Benton PD is not gun friendly.    They also do not seem to know proper procedures very well either.  ;)

I will also say this individual is one of us.   He is not a bad guy and is just like any of us "gun" guys who post here on this site and the HTF.  I believe he got caught up in a situation that many of use could have been in and now the strong arm of the law is showing it's hand.  We should never turn our backs on one of ours.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 5:16:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Firemen have little power.  Firemen know policemen. Knowledge is power.  Power corrupts.
Not taking sides as my ignorance on this one is cavernous. Just stating the facts, ma'am.

Trust no one in uniform except the janitor.  And keep an eye on him...

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:03:57 PM EDT
[#7]
And this is why my pappy always told me "Don't skin it until its time to start shooting."
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:08:14 PM EDT
[#8]
And, had the complainant been anything other than police or fire, they wouldn't have even bothered to look for the guy.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:17:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And, had the complainant been anything other than police or fire, they wouldn't have even bothered to look for the guy.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

I doubt they give a damn about firemen.  Only older LEOs around here do. These new kids dont care but they usually dont stay long enough to learn our names.  Just a few years ago, the guy with the badge was more than a guy with a badge. We knew them well and called them friend. They had probably eaten Thanksgiving dinner at our house, or shot with us, or we had just been to their wedding.  Now, the new kids just don't care.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:19:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Firemen have little power.  Firemen know policemen. Knowledge is power.  Power corrupts.
Not taking sides as my ignorance on this one is cavernous. Just stating the facts, ma'am.

Trust no one in uniform except the janitor.  And keep an eye on him...

View Quote

My guess is he was fucking a dispatcher if anything. (Im told this helps)

But anyone that cals and claims what this guy did, will get a response.
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 3:42:38 PM EDT
[#11]
For an update and how slow justice has become:

After the last cancelled court date the next court date was scheduled for Dec 3rd.   That one was cancelled this past week.  Again the Benton PD has not sent any paperwork to the POs office for charges to actually be filed.  Not sure if they are just slow, still investigating or what is going on.  I really believe they do not have a case to actually prosecute but time will tell.

I have to assume the next court date will not be until next year.  He still has not been able to plead to any charges which of course haven't actually been filed yet.   But Benton PD still has the weapons from his vehicle.   Yeah so much for due process.
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 8:17:22 PM EDT
[#12]
That doesn't seem right.. I mean to confiscate a man's guns even though you haven't charged (filed) him with anything... for months.
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 9:48:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

That doesn't seem right.. I mean to confiscate a man's guns even though you haven't charged (filed) him with anything... for months.
View Quote
But think of the children!

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:56:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't forget, the ATF siezed at least one of his firearms too. I guess there's no limit to what big brother can do...
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:57:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn double posts...
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:13:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
.......... Benton PD......... they are just slow, still investigating .....
View Quote

Yes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top