Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2002 3:09:24 PM EST
I need one more hunting partner this week. I've got access to 750 acres in Rappahannock County in Amissville. Its private land and we are VERY careful about what we are doing. Stand hunt in the morning and pushes (slow and cautious version of a drive) until 3:00 and stands in the evening.

Anybody interested? I've got room for one or possibly 2. E-mail me.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 3:15:29 PM EST
Man I'd love to go but I've got to work. Burned all my vacation time earlier in the season. shit!
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 3:18:20 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/30/2002 3:20:10 PM EST by cliffy109]
Oh, and I do need to give one word of warning. No AR15s. The farmer would have a problem with that. We had to kick a guy off the lease a few years ago for rapid fire shots on fleeing deer running through his cattle. The farmer is a bit paranoid now.

I do have a "loaner" Remington 700 in 30-06 with a 3-9 Leupold if you need it. It groups about 3/4" at 100 with factory 165.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:41:43 AM EST
I still have two open spots as of 3:30 on Tuesday. I'll be off work in a bit so if you want to come hunting about 20 minutes west of Warrenton, call me at 703-915-0295.

Steve
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:58:37 AM EST

Originally Posted By cliffy109:
I need one more hunting partner this week. I've got access to 750 acres in Rappahannock County in Amissville. Its private land and we are VERY careful about what we are doing. Stand hunt in the morning and pushes (slow and cautious version of a drive) until 3:00 and stands in the evening.

Cliffy109,
You are truly a nice guy. Here on Long Island hunting is pretty much restricted to Bow and almost all safe hunting spots within 60 miles of NYC is privately owned with more hunters than openings. I hope you fellow Virginians realize what they are passing on. My hat's off to you.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 11:02:56 AM EST

Originally Posted By Hanz:

Cliffy109,
You are truly a nice guy. Here on Long Island hunting is pretty much restricted to Bow and almost all safe hunting spots within 60 miles of NYC is privately owned with more hunters than openings. I hope you fellow Virginians realize what they are passing on. My hat's off to you.

Ain't nuthin down here in the real America. How about this... keep my e-mail address handy and contact me next October. Opening say of muzzle loader is the first Monday of November and rifle is the third Monday. Come on down and I'll get you out for some Southern deer huntin'.

BTW, I've met a bunch of the VA contingent of AR15.com and they are guys that you can trust in the woods with a gun.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:01:42 AM EST
Y'all missed a banner hunt! We got into so many deer, we didn't know what to do. Well, one guy in our party did... he fired off 12 rounds total from his Winchester 30-30 and missed with every shot. I killed two and fired 5 shots. Each shot was a kill, but the deer were unaware of this fact. Deer #1 was hit with my new Ruger 44 Carbine (thanks to Whisper300). I knew the first shot hit but he continued to walk. I shot again and hit his spine. He dropped but was still alive. I finished him while standing over him.

Deer #2 was a doe about 100 yards away, through some trees. Shot number one blew out her guts but she stood still. Shot number two wiped out her lungs and convienced her to stay put. This was with the .308 Remington.

In all, we saw over 25 deer. Most were does but I did see more buck sign than I have in many years on the property.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:00:42 PM EST

Originally Posted By cliffy109:

We'll take you up on that offer next season My wife and I both hunt, we live in Woodbridge and sometimes hunt in West Augusta and Quantico. Probably mostly Kentucky next year on her sisters huge plot of land.
Top Top