Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
4/1/2020 6:58:51 AM
Posted: 1/12/2005 1:06:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/12/2005 7:47:03 PM EDT by ColSanders]
I am pretty pissed that I have to do this, but my wife is making me sell the new dog we just got. He is an 11 week old Black Mouth Cur. The same kind of dog as old yeller.

This is the page for the guy who we bought him from.

www.pixelrunway.com/ladner_blackmouth_curs.pdf

Let me know if you have questions or know someone who might be interested, please.

We are asking $350 for him but might be willing to work out something less. We paid about $450 if you include the shipping we paid.

He is a good little puppy with a lot of energy and he is pretty damn cute too.

Thanks guys.

EDITED TO ADD We are not selling him as of now, thanks.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:17:53 AM EDT
Good lookin' dogs ColS.

Why do you have to give up your pup? I always thought the three things a man would never part with were his guns, his dog, and his truck.

I'm sorry to hear that the little guy has to go. I'll ask around for you.

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:46:09 PM EDT
Whelp, I have resloved the issue for now. We are going to keep him for now.

I must not be much of a man, I sold my truck last year.

But at least I get to keep the dog.

My wife knows I will never sell my guns though.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:36:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ColSanders:
Whelp, I have resloved the issue for now. We are going to keep him for now.

I must not be much of a man, I sold my truck last year.

But at least I get to keep the dog.

My wife knows I will never sell my guns though.

Yo ColSanders,

I'm glad you and your wife have decided to keep your pup. Below is a little something that I truly believe defines "Man's Best Friend."

This is for you, your wife, and the little guy.

Enjoy.....

ONE MAN'S SPECIAL TRIBUTE TO A DOG

The one absolutely unselfish friend that a man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous, is his dog.

A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground where the wintery winds blow, and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer, he will lick the sores and wounds that come in encounter with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his Pauper master as if he
were a prince.

When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in it's journey through the heavens. If misfortune drives the master forth an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him to guard against danger, to fight against his enemies.

And when the last scene of all comes, and death takes the master in it's embrace, and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by the graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad, but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true, even in death.

From a speech given by
Former Senator George Graham Vest
of Missouri. Delivered in 1870 when he
was acting as a lawyer in a suit against
a man who had killed the dog of his
client. -- He won the case.

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 3:01:29 AM EDT
Thanks Joe!
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:15:55 AM EDT
All I can say is that I know scores of people that have called themselves my friends that have claimed that they will always "be there for me." But at the end of the friggin' day when everyone is gone and nowhere to be found, I still have my dogs......

If I have a rough day they care... If I have pain they feel it.... If I am angry they know when to give me my space... If there is danger they warn me... If I need comfort they are willing to give it... And if someone tries to hurt me they will put their lives on the line to protect me... They will die for me...

And guess what? All they ask for in return is love and companionship.

Yep, there is a reason why the word dog spelled backwords spells God........

Think about it folks.

We are truly blessed to have these animals in our lives.

Be Safe.

Joe    

Top Top