Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2004 10:41:19 AM EDT
Hi everyone!  I am going to Table Mesa Rd tomorrow morning early (0600) to do a little shooting.  Anyone want to join me?  I am bringing the ol lady and 3 chitlins, so it will probably be more talking than shooting, but if anyone wants to meet out there, we could always arrange a brunch on the BBQ or something.

Contact me if ya wanna know where I'll be, but fr those of you familiar with the area, I will be at the locked gate if at all possible, and then hiking and driving around for a little bit.  Red Ford F150, 3 silver truck boxes.... flag me down and say hi if you are there!!!

Richard

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:20:38 PM EDT
[#1]
btt... better than the other one, where others are arguing and acting like children.  I prefer to hang with adults.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:11:52 PM EDT
[#2]
6am?

WTF?  Holy mackeral....I get up at 6am ONLY if I am hunting. :

We may or may not be heading to LV for the gun show, but most likely not.  Given my wife is sick, and since I have been around her, best I not hang w/you and your chil'en so's they don't get sickly.

I am, however, very up for heading there another time.

TimW
Phoenix
Practical Tactical, LLC
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:27:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
6am?

WTF?  Holy mackeral....I get up at 6am ONLY if I am hunting. :h.gif

We may or may not be heading to LV for the gun show, but most likely not.  Given my wife is sick, and since I have been around her, best I not hang w/you and your chil'en so's they don't get sickly.

I am, however, very up for heading there another time.

TimW
Phoenix
Practical Tactical, LLC

OK, another time, then.  Yeah, after 4 years military and 12 years construction my system is set up so that I am awake naturally at 0300.  I love the mornings, especially in the desert, so I usually just head right on out.  

I look forward to a mutual time we can get together and go "play".  Maybe one day I can leave the ol lady and kids at home and we can go, er,  the tannerite route.  Will be great to buy you a burger and beer, Tim.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:03:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Sure, I would love to...
Where is this place located?
Richard, where do you live? Tucson or the Valley?

Thanks,

Y-
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:51:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sure, I would love to...
Where is this place located?
Richard, where do you live? Tucson or the Valley?

Thanks,

Y-

I am in the Valley

Take I-17 North to exit 236, Table Mesa Road (about 25 minutes north of the Loop 101) and then exit west, which loops right back down to southbound I-17.  After you exit west on Table Mesa, you will see a paved road going north, take it.

That paved road will quickly turn into a dirt road, which you stay on, always going left when the option presents itself.  Look for me in the red Ford F150 Extended cab with silver truck boxes on the back.  Just keep driving (the road is graded and smooth), heading left, until you find me by the locked gate (big, brown fence).  It's really easy to find.

Better yet, call me!  I will be up late tonight and at 0300 tomorrow.

See you then, my friend.  Please call me if you can tonight.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I might head up there!  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:25:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I might head up there!  

Dude, you are more than welcome, you are encouraged!  I only have a few hundred (well, 500) rounds of 45 and 38, but I am MORE than happy to share!  More of a family type thing than any type serious shooting (I'm even bringing beer) but enough to get out of the house for a few hours before Sat college football begins.

And no, please don't worry... even if I decide to have a beer I am not the drunk, 2-gun slinging, throw rounds downrange type person.  I just love the desert and my guns, LOL.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:39:36 PM EDT
[#8]
yasenovo and markm...  missed you guys this morning.... hope the directions were ok

We had fun, but the kids were a little ancy, as always.  All they ever want to do is shoot my nice gun, the Kimber 45.  Even seen a 10 y/o trying to balance a fully loaded 45?  he
Well, at least I know the GF's kids won't grow up to be liberals!  hey
But I need to fins another spot.  The backstop I have been using is soft (crumbly) limestone and dirt that has been formed by a wash.  I am behind the oldest daughter, 13, talking her through shot placement, sight alignment, grip and stance, etc while she is shooting the 45, between rounds, and spotting for her.

BANG!  PEEEETWIIIIINNNNGGGGGGGG!  Right by my fucking ear goes the ricocheted round!  OMG, guys, I thought I was gonna piss my pants!  I have no way of knowing how close it actually was, but I heard it come, pass, and continue.  Scariest moment I have EVER had shooting.

Cease fire, pack up, go home, drink beer, and look up "basic backstops for dummies."  I have been home since 1130 and my hands have finally stopped shaking long enough to let ya'll know I was looking forward to meeting you.  So I need a new spot with another (BETTER) backstop - though I imagine it was a one-in-a-million thing where it hit a small, protruding, hard rock.  Still, kinda screwed myself.  But I'd love ta meet ya'll out there another time!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:41:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Didn't make it.  I'm gonna get out tomorrow on the East side of the valley somewhere.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:49:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Richard...how'd the shoot go?

Its a bit far for me to travel there...

You'll have to come to Tucson sometime... and we'll have
to come up there sometime...

Take care,

Y-
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top