Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2005 9:04:06 PM EDT
Sorry guys I have to cancel.  My wife is 9 months pregnant.  She had her membranes scraped this morning whatever that means.  I thought it was supposed to induce her.  Apparantly it doesn't neccessarily induce.  I figured we would be at the hospital until Saturday or Sunday, and get home Monday for a day of rest.  It looks like she has an induce date on the 21st which is Wednesday.  Sorry for not being educated on this stuff but it's my first and I 100% believed we would be at the hospital today.  I can make it out over the weekend, Mon, or Tues.  If enough people want to go we can do that if not I'd rather wait because I was hoping at least a few people would want to go.  I'm going to save the tannerite so if it doesn't happen in the next week I'll bring it to any local shoot I can make.

I was really excited about seeing my son for the first time today.  Kind of a bummer.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:02:17 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds good, I'm off work on mon-tues.-wed. every week, havn't got any heavy rifle rifle ammo to spare but I got a shitload of 22lr and 38 spl, just name the day and time and I can most likly make it.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:47:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Lexington is Tannerite approved huh?
A guy on EE is selling a recipe for homemade binary explosive type targets.  I was just about to post a question about somewhere that is cool to use tannerite.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:19:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Lexington is Tannerite approved huh?
A guy on EE is selling a recipe for homemade binary explosive type targets.  I was just about to post a question about somewhere that is cool to use tannerite.

I don't know for sure.  I've set off a bunch of it there and was never hassled.  I don't think it says anything about explosives.  Maybe I should find out first.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:20:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
sounds good, I'm off work on mon-tues.-wed. every week, havn't got any heavy rifle rifle ammo to spare but I got a shitload of 22lr and 38 spl, just name the day and time and I can most likly make it.

MLW>"<

Sounds good lets wait to see if many people want to go before setting up a time and date.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:32:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Next Wednesday might be good for me    

Or on a Sat/Sun.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:45:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Sundays are usually ideal days for me.  I work til 5:30p and its dark by then :\
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:05:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I might show up again. But Tuesdays are not good - I'm getting shots in the knees for the next 3 Tuesdays!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:12:20 PM EDT
[#8]
What's Tannerite?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:18:58 PM EDT
[#9]
KABOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  SISTER
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:31:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I gathered it was some sort of explosive. Is it like...exploding shells, something that requires a fuse, or a general explosive that detonates when something impacts it?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:54:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I gathered it was some sort of explosive. Is it like...exploding shells, something that requires a fuse, or a general explosive that detonates when something impacts it?

It's a binary explosive you can legally buy online that will explode if shot with a rifle.  Fuses, rimfire, and pistols will not set the stuff off.  It's extremely stable stuff.  You can feel the concussion from 75yds from my experience and supposedly the stuff is just as loud as dynamite.  I wouldn't know about the dynamite though as I have never heard it go off.  You can only legally transport it in un-mixed form.  Once the catalyst is mixed it is legally considered an explosive and I think it would require some special license to transport it.  In short I don't think there is anything quite as satisfying than shooting a little tannerite .
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:55:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Very cool! Thanks for the details!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:59:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I just added a poll.  How about we go whatever day gets the most votes.  I can go pretty much any day as I get a 2 week break from Dental School.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:01:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I can go anytime on tues. or wed., and early sat. morning.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:34:23 PM EDT
[#15]
5 option polls are a no-no!!!

Looks like we all know who's bringing the tannerite!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:27:33 PM EDT
[#16]
How many options should it have?
I am not going to vote because I really don't care whay day we go.
I may post the same thing at okshooters and provide this link to vote.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:08:26 PM EDT
[#17]
It's gotta be 4 (or fewer)    

The 5th option won't get an accurate tally.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:18:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Why does it show 2 votes for Sat-Sun but doesn't say there are any votes?  Is it from people not logged in?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Because the 5th option doesn't work!          

Crazy huh?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:17:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Crazy huh?

I guess you could still just go by how big the bar is though.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:30:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Crazy huh?

I guess you could still just go by how big the bar is though.

thats how I choose women when I'm out snaggin at the local dives, the bigger the bar the better the chances are.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:24:15 AM EDT
[#22]
I have to cancel.  Read my first post.  Sorry guys.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:09:32 PM EDT
[#23]
So...  uhhh...  bump.

Friday afternoon maybe? Sat?  Wed?   Mon?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:19:05 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
So...  uhhh...  bump.

Friday afternoon maybe? Sat?  Wed?   Mon?

I can still go anytime Sun-Tues now.  Since my wife will be induced on Wed I probably can't go out for a few days after that.  My mom will be at our house for a week or so to help out so it won't matter if I get out of the house one day after we get back home.

I was assuming nobody wanted to go anymore since there were no responses.  Sorry I had to change everything.  Things in my schedule just changed.

I guess I could have went today but the weather kinda sucks.  If you haven't already read my initial post again.  Things changed for me because my wife has an induce date now for the 21st.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top