Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2003 10:44:01 AM EDT
It doesn't look like I am going to have time to fire a single round (not including self defense of course) until after the holidays. However, I was wondering if anyone might be up for a weekend shoot at Wilson Shoals sometime in JAN?
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 12:36:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi,
 Two questions:
Where is Wilson Shoals?
Is it open to rifle shooting on Sunday?
Thanks,Robert.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 1:47:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Wilson shoals is in southern Banks county, about a half hour north of Gainesville.  It's only a 75 yard range and the DNR guy isn't nearly as nice, but they are open sunday from noon to 5 or sundown whatever comes first.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 2:02:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Let me know.  I would like to go.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 2:45:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Delta - Nearly as nice as.......???????
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 2:51:17 PM EDT
[#5]
the guy at charlie elliot.  The guy up at wilson shoals is a backwoods southern Georgia country bumpkin that makes the kid with the banjo from deliverance look like he's highly educated.  He also doesn't seem to approve of our black rifles too much.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 3:23:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Watch it Delta,that might be one of my distant cousins.

Anyway,that's a little far for me to go unless it's a Sunday group shoot.Thanks for the info,and if anyone can meet on a Sunday I'll try to come and bring some of my relics that might meet with more approval from the range boss.
Robert.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 3:34:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
the guy at charlie elliot.  The guy up at wilson shoals is a backwoods southern Georgia country bumpkin that makes the kid with the banjo from deliverance look like he's highly educated.  He also doesn't seem to approve of our black rifles too much.

And how, exactly, is this different from the guy at Charlie Elliot?
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 4:27:06 PM EDT
[#8]
In all my times at Wilson Shoals, I have never once even seen the DNR guy there. Several people have told me he is a little picky and a pain to deal with. However, I have never even seen the guy.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:47:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I know the DNR guy here around Augusta didnt care for my black rifles or "rapid fire" which appears to be anything faster then bolt action.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 2:49:36 AM EDT
[#10]
I go to that range from time to time.  Let me know when you want to go and I'll see if I can make it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 3:50:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Sunday January 4th.  How does that sound like a time for a meeting for the members of the Holy Church of the Black Rifle?
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 4:30:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Hold on let me look at my schedule.

OMG

I have the day off.  

Ok lets see. I am going to need the following.

1. AMMO.
2. Target stand.(Hmm a 3am house for sale sign aquisition outing my be needed)
3. Fuel(Do you know that its going to be OVER an hour drive for me down here?)
4. More AMMO. (any one have .303 British?)
5. Try to get out of the house with out leaving one cheek behind (wife chewing ones arse)
6. Targets.  (Lets get some body armor for deltaair. I enjoy a challenge )

So where and at what time is the B-fast at?

Buzz
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:33:34 AM EDT
[#13]
There is a Cracker Barrel at the exit for GA 317, right before the exit for I-985...
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 4:32:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I am going to be in Al working at the mercedes plant there.  That is the day I am scheduled to return.  Hope I can that morning.  Will have to wait to see.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top