Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2007 12:57:32 PM EDT
I searched every forum/subforum I could 3 months back, and turned up nothing

I still have this 9mm subgun itch. Well, a semi-variant, anyhow. I keep looking at HK94's etc..but it's just out of my price range for now. The Cohaire/SW/BW clones are getting alot of mixed reviews, and I don't want to buy something that I'm gonna have to dump another $1k+ into just to make it reliable.

I was browsing around, and saw this on DSA website: TP9

I have seen these things before, but only in ads and TV. They are great looking, but I don't know anything about them as far as quality. If there is a S/A version available, how about SBRing and suppressing? They are still expensive, but it might be my answer. Just looking for anyone out there who has done this or who has some info.

Oh, and if I somehow mysteriously missed some huge thread on this already, I apologize.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:28:19 PM EDT
[#1]
saw them at shot and its neat but nothing but a large pistol.  Dont really see the point in it unless it was full auto and had some sort of buttstock.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:32:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:21:28 AM EDT
[#3]
The semi ones are available, I think that Long Mountain has them in-stock for a little less than DSA.  I am with K9DPD on this, it is just a large pistol.

If want something that would fill the Subgun role, I would look at SBRing a AR in 9mm.  I haven't had experience with the HK94 clones, from what I hear about them you are not likely to get a reliable one from any of the manufacturers right now.  Other than that, your options are basically limited to a Vector semi uzi SBR.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:04:15 AM EDT
[#4]

=)
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:10:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The semi ones are available, I think that Long Mountain has them in-stock for a little less than DSA.  I am with K9DPD on this, it is just a large pistol.

If want something that would fill the Subgun role, I would look at SBRing a AR in 9mm.  I haven't had experience with the HK94 clones, from what I hear about them you are not likely to get a reliable one from any of the manufacturers right now.  Other than that, your options are basically limited to a Vector semi uzi SBR.

Thanks for your reply. I already have a SBR'd Colt 6450. I guess what I meant to say is I want something that was designed as a subgun from the ground up. I did realize that the TP9 was a pistol; I just was trying to consider the novelty of something smaller. I love my AR 9mm, but I'm trying to find something less bulky. An MP5/HK94 is what I want, but wallet does not agree.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:46:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw one for sale at Barrow Auto Supply in Butler, GA.  (It's about 1/10th auto parts, 9/10th guns).  Don't recall the price, as I wasn't interested at the time...
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:16:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top