Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2012 9:10:05 AM EDT
Anyone still thinking about who they are going to vote for?
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 9:56:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I have to work unfortunately.

But with the number of freaking phone calls I have been getting I do not thing I would vote anyway. That shit pisses me off.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:16:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Still trying to decide if I'm going.  I'm suspecting a huge crowd/mess.  I've been to them before, but I think turnout is going to blow away the records tonight.

It will be nice to get our state back.......
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:33:08 AM EDT
[#3]
8th anniversary with the missus, so I'll be skipping tonight in favor of some fine dining.  I actually did caucus (for teh Fred) on my anniversary back in '08, and I won't waste it again.  I would write in Sarah Palin, anyway, just to piss everyone off.  At least she didn't call my house fifty zillion times since 1 Dec.

I unplugged the phones yesterday morning.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#4]
[  ] Perry
[  ] Gingrich
[  ] Paul
[  ] Santorum
[  ] Bachman
None of the above.

they ought to have all the states caucus crap on the same day....one year of campain commercials and phone calls is waaaaay too much.......
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:39:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I unplugged the phones yesterday morning.

isn't that the truth...  i don't remember it ever being this bad before...  

looks like i'm headed newting...  none of them are perfect, but considering his 2010 NRA defender of freedom award, his ability to bring people together, which this country sorely needs, and other attributes, he's probably my guy.

you guys can flame away if you want, but before you do, realize there is no perfect candidate in most elections and this one is no different.  i see newt with reagan-like qualities when it comes to speaking and joining people and for the country's well being, i wish for this...  i think he has some problems, but frankly i may actually have one or two myself...  soooo...

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:19:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I have been through a few of these things and can not remember a time when I have felt so much like I am being forced to choose between "the lesser of two evils" just because "someone" has to be chosen.  It seems that the morals, ideals and agendas of this world have slipped so low that, much like the evening television lineup, what was once unacceptable has mysteriously become acceptable to the so-called "moral majority".

In "MY OPINION" the morals, and morality of this country are lowere than they have ever been, in my lifetime anyway.  I am disgusted to see the direction this country has turned in the last four years, let alone since 9-11.

United we stood; divided we fell...

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:26:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have been through a few of these things and can not remember a time when I have felt so much like I am being forced to choose between "the lesser of two evils" just because "someone" has to be chosen.  It seems that the morals, ideals and agendas of this world have slipped so low that, much like the evening television lineup, what was once unacceptable has mysteriously become acceptable to the so-called "moral majority".

In "MY OPINION" the morals, and morality of this country are lowere than they have ever been, in my lifetime anyway.  I am disgusted to see the direction this country has turned in the last four years, let alone since 9-11.

United we stood; divided we fell...

SAME HERE!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:59:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I have Vonage.  Not one political phone call.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:05:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have Vonage.  Not one political phone call.

i'd like to know more about that sometime...  

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#10]
also, changed my mind.

looking seriously at santorum or perry now...  hell i can't decide...
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Radical change, something this country needs, requires a radical candidate.  The majority of these candidates are more of the same unfortunately.

I agree with Sceptic, find someone you can agree with 80% of the time and vote for the person.  I get along with my wife 80% of the time and we are doing just fine.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:27:00 PM EDT
[#12]
The characters involved in this aside, one of the main reasons I am going is to submit the party plank being pushed by IFC/NRA.

For those of you still sitting at home who will make it...

Republican Plank

Democratic Party Plank

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:37:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Rick Perry here
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:57:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm not going to even waste my time trying to pick from this pathetic field of candidates

kind of wanted Huckabee to run
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:34:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Santorum got it in the three precincts at the caucus to which I went.
By more than twice as many as Romney.
I did not pay close enough attention to the final totals, but I think he got more than 50% of the votes.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:10:51 PM EDT
[#16]
The one thing I noticed was that Paul's people were organized, but not one undecided was even looking at him. It will be interesting to see how he does once the field narrows down.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:17:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Santorum took my precinct also.  
2. Ron Paul
3. Romney
4. Newt
5. Bachmann
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:29:30 PM EDT
[#18]
I will 2nd that  Paul's people were organized where I voted at in Ankeny.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:30:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Numbers in my precinct (Dsm 091) shook out as follows:
Paul - 23
Romney - 9
Perry - 7
Santorum - 6
Newt - 4
Bachmann - 3

The printed copy of the party plank supplied by IFC/NRA was accepted by my precinct overwhelmingly and sent to wherever they are sent for consideration.

There was a lot of "get the federal govt. out of states' business" sentiment in the room tonight.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I will 2nd that  Paul's people were organized where I voted at in Ankeny.

I met Dr. Paul tonight and shook his hand in the parking lot.  I didn't vote for him though.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:01:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Romney by 8 votes.  Gonna be interesting.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:04:39 PM EDT
[#22]
I voted for Rick Perry.  I was asked to say a few things on his behalf and did so.  I will continue to support him until he either wins or drops out.  He has decided to continue on even though he did not do well in Iowa.  I think he will do well in the south and probably not so well in the north.  kwg
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:23:32 AM EDT
[#23]
voted for santorum.  caucused for santorum.  i didn't realize it, but there was a great deal of local support as it ended up...

30 for santorum
16 for romney (some of which were lib dems i knew personally that showed up and switched voter registration to do their part...)
8 for perry
8 for bachmann
7 for paul (the guy who spoke on paul's behalf was probably the rudest person and most inappropriate guy i've ever met - he did a good job of speaking for him, but a terrible job of acting appropriately - he booed people, he interrupted others speaking routinely, made loud snide comments, etc - real dickhead)
5 for gingrich
no others had votes

most importantly i was able to add the IFC/NRA plank to the party platform and was also elected to the county to represent us (among others) so i'll be certain to push the 2A agenda forward at the county level too.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:15:55 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
most importantly i was able to add the IFC/NRA plank to the party platform and was also elected to the county to represent us (among others) so i'll be certain to push the 2A agenda forward at the county level too.

Me too.  

Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top