Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 9:14:55 AM EDT
It used to be my place to shoot until the rifle range shut down and I discovered millers. I went out the other day with and old friend, and I have to say it was the most range naziest place ive ever had the displesure to shoot at.

You have to sign it, tell what calibers your shooting, where you will be shooting, ect

On the pistol range you have to walk out and shoot from the 25 yard line.

On the plinking range in is paper targets only

Rifle range is STILL shut down completely.

All this and I feel more unsafe there. when I was on the pistol range some guy almost started shooting when I was down range. Did I mention were shooting at 10 yards? No amound of rules can make up for stupidity and lack of common sense.

I personally feel this is all just because of the fact that the range is run by a bunch of shotgunners that would happily sell out all of us "gunshow commando's" just to keep thier O/U shotgun.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:12:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Nah let my membership lapse.  Paper only at the plinking range is just ignorant.  Did some target holders get put up or something?   Always used to shoot crackers up on the berm

I believe your right on the selling out everyone but the O/U crowd though the last meeting I went to (Feb this year) had a ton of rifle shooters making the meeting SRO.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:57:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I gave up on them this year. I've been a member since 1995, but am bailing out after the rifle range fiasco. My whole reason for joining was to be able to shoot 30 cal. on the 100, 200, 300 yard range.

I wish them the best in figuring out what their future will look like, but I'm not anticipating much will come of it since the park board owns the land on the other side of the river. FSA should have thought ahead years ago and purchased that land. Too bad because the most they'll ever have for a rifle range now is 100 yards and if they do it will look like the plinking range with the baffled corridors except over a 100 yard span. It will also have a much higher berm as a back stop and a full time range officer just for the rifle range.

I forsee their memberships falling to 50% or more of what it was before all of this started.

Sad.
Cincylance

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:26:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm keeping my membership going....in the hopes that someday the rifle range will be back in some form. Have a dual membership right now with MRPC, but I have always liked FSA rifle range a little better.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:09:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I need Miller's info. I live in West Chester, Mason area.
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:11:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I will never join.  One of the officers, George Quigley, is against concealed carry.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:51:24 AM EDT
[#6]
There is a movement to have George Quigley ousted at the next board election.  Many members are fed up with the status quo and some are trying to show the rest of the board they mean business.  While I like George from a personality standpoint, I support the change.

I kept my membership active for another year to see how things pan out.  If I don't see any changes in '06 I will not renew.  I've been doing the vast majority of my shotgunning up at Middletown Sportsmen's anyway.

Regards,

Darren
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:29:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Good luck on that Quigley ouster, you have your work cut out for you.  

FSA is a trap club.  Like it or not, that is where the money comes from and that is where all the influence is.  Follow the money.  The rifle and pistol shooters are the red-headed step children and get treated accordingly.  I have never liked that they didn't allow full-auto, and I was really appalled that they banned .50 rifles.  When a gun club starts banning guns it is time to take a long hard look.  It is a nice place, and I have always enjoyed being a member, but it seems to be going to the Fudds, which is worse than going to the dogs.  Get enough pistol and rifle shooters together and  you can get an election to go your way, but do it quietly because the trap shooters will come out of the woodwork to stop you.  I think they bused 'em in from nursing homes or something after we elected a pistol shooter president and most of the board, the following year the turnout was huge from the trap crowd.  Buried us good.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:04:10 PM EDT
[#8]
If you folks want a change on the board.  I can help.  I've been involved with politics for some time, and have formulated a plan on this.  It is very workable, and nearly foolproof.  Write me off list.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:47:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I need Miller's info. I live in West Chester, Mason area.
Thanks

Check your IM.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top