Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 7:18:33 AM EDT
I heard "through the grapevine" so to speak, that the Elk River Sportsmans Club has an AR shoot every Tuesday during the summer months.  Is this true?  What are the rules, classes, and how would a complete newbie get involved?  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:36:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I hear that you have to Qualify at 300 Yards with the standard NRA rules.

But it is an open shoot...

I would be interested in trying as well.. + maybe someone will then sponsor me into 'the' club.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:22:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is the link to the club - Elk River Sportsman
This is regular NRA Highpower Courses of fire, otherwise known as XC.  This can be shot with match rifles or service rifles.

NRA HP is shot 80 shots plus sighters

20 rds standing w/ 2 sighters from 200yds over 20 minutes.
20 rds sitting w/ 2 sighters from 200yds in two strings of 10 rds from standing to sitting in 60 seconds.
20 rds prone w/ 2 sighters from 300yds in two strings of 10 rds from standing to prone in 70 seconds.
20 rds prone w/ 2 sighter from 600yds over 20 minutes

The club uses one of the courses of fire each Tuesday.  Highpower is fun!  There are many HP clubs in the metro area so to speak.  Red Wing has a 600 yd range, Harris has 1000 yd range, and Elk River with a 600 yd range.  There is 500 yd range up in Duluth.  There are clubs over in Eau Claire and down at LaCrosse.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:26:56 AM EDT
[#3]
The first rule of Elk River Sportsmen's Club AR Shoot, is do not talk about Elk River Sportsmen's Club AR Shoot...
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:41:31 PM EDT
[#4]
i think the tuesday night shoots are practice shoots for high power.  each tuesday is a specific position.  like one tuesday will be 200yd offhand and sitting rapid, the next tuesday is 300yd prone rapid fire, and the next tuesday is 600yd slow fire and then it repeats.

i haven't made any yet, but i hope to.

Craig
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:48:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I have e-mailed back and forth with some gentlemen that run the thing.  As soon as the doctor clears me taking off the god forsaken neck collar, I am SOOO going to take Tuesday afternoons off to make it up there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top