Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2011 4:06:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2011 4:07:34 PM EST by Irish_11]
Ok, so I have been looking for a few weeks now for one and I have had no luck. I wanted to see if I could snag a used one for a truck gun/winter project, but there doesn't seem to be any around. Anyone on here seen a Marlin 336Y in a shop that they know of? Sort of calling every pawn shop, guns store, and sporting goods retailer in the greater Seattle area I thought I would ask on here. I know you guys troll shops like I do, so I am hoping in someones search they have come across one.

I know gunbroker has a few, but I'd prefer instate (ftf was ideal) before I start going online and dealing with shippping, FFL transfers and sales tax from them (kind of ruins a deal). Anyway, if anyone has seen one around in the last week or so let me know.

thanks in advance,
-Irish
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 8:59:16 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2011 9:00:54 PM EST by gunnut003]
How about this one?

It is a 1949 model. It was my uncle's but his younger brother left it a basement several years back in Missouri and ruined the original blueing on it. So I will have to restore it, and then I will put it in a......Truck. What year truck?........how about a 1949 Dodge dually. the 1953 Ruger MkI will also match close enough.

On topic, and a serious note, Have you check DJs Loan? they usually have several 30-30s on the racks.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 9:33:16 PM EST

Originally Posted By gunnut003:
How about this one?

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/227/dsc0307ss.jpg

It is a 1949 model. It was my uncle's but his younger brother left it a basement several years back in Missouri and ruined the original blueing on it. So I will have to restore it, and then I will put it in a......Truck. What year truck?........how about a 1949 Dodge dually. the 1953 Ruger MkI will also match close enough.

On topic, and a serious note, Have you check DJs Loan? they usually have several 30-30s on the racks.

They were all full size rifles today, with the only smaller Marin lever gun being a ported 16" in .450 Marlin. Lot of full size 30-30's.

(Also a poor abused Win 71' glad mines been kept clean)

Good recommendation on DJ's though as there's plenty of trunk gun material there (beat used firearms at a good price that can be modified without sending purists into shock).
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 9:52:23 PM EST
Originally Posted By Madcap72:

How about this one?

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/227/dsc0307ss.jpg

They were all full size rifles today, with the only smaller Marin lever gun being a ported 16" in .450 Marlin. Lot of full size 30-30's.

(Also a poor abused Win 71' glad mines been kept clean)

Good recommendation on DJ's though as there's plenty of trunk gun material there (beat used firearms at a good price that can be modified without sending purists into shock).

I love DJ's for random finds. I was there last weekend without any luck unfortunately. On a side note, when you get all those restored the rifle, the truck and the pistol. Post of photos! Old stuff has some cool stories to it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 10:56:17 PM EST
If I were to see the person who D&T this 49 336, I would kick them in the balls, literally. Not only is it a crappy job, the 4 holes don't line up, and there was the start to a fifth hole.

On a side note the stock is shortened on this gun, I dont know if it is factory or aftermarket, and there was some nasty green/black textured finish on the stock.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:44:26 AM EST
336 Youth? Im assuming for length?

Dont overlook a Mares Laig.

$300 Win 94

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:52:14 AM EST

If I were to see the person who D&T this 49 336, I would kick them in the balls, literally. Not only is it a crappy job, the 4 holes don't line up, and there was the start to a fifth hole.

On a side note the stock is shortened on this gun, I dont know if it is factory or aftermarket, and there was some nasty green/black textured finish on the stock.

The burning question here is....how's the truck? Inquiring minds and all...
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:44:44 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/29/2011 6:04:08 PM EST by gunnut003]
Originally Posted By bobbitybobbity:

The burning question here is....how's the truck? Inquiring minds and all...

The engine kicks butt...It has good compression and runs fine), I think the frame was reinforced for the flatbed on it, so If we can find a dually Long standard box. it would be cool to bring it back to stock. . The cab is rusty in the floor...BUT we have a replacement cab...but the corner windows need to be put on the new cab...

Any body want to buy a 1989 redone inside and out, good running Sea Ray 180 with new everything but the hull (new floor), engine, windows and driver controls. Or a 2001 Pathfinder Manual trans, or a 2007 BMW 335i ...the funds would get shifted to the 49 truck...

ETA: No complaining about picture quality...it was taken now in the black with no illumination and manual lenses.

ETA2: I totally suck, As I have just hijacked this thread. I will make it up as I will be doing some rounds at the local gunshops tomorrow, So ...

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:01:11 PM EST

Yea tell me about, My Winchester 71 was D&T'd in the 50's by the original owner, and a little survival compass inlet and stuck in the stock. I don't care about the value of the rifle since it's a family heirloom sort of deal, but it looks like crap (deluxe model to boot).
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:29:00 AM EST
Stupid question time: What is D&T?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:10:06 AM EST
Originally Posted By chrisb9381:

Probably Drilled & Tapped, as in for mounting scope rings.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:00:21 PM EST

Originally Posted By chrisb9381:

The bane of levergun purists, drilled and tapped.

Top Top