Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/17/2009 4:57:12 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:44:28 PM EST
Yeah, I remember the place. Went in there one day and looked at an Enterprise FAL, built off of an Austrian STG. They wanted 7 bills for it. I laughed and told the guy I wouldn't pay more than 4.

I walked out of the place, with the rifle and half a dozen 20 round Austrian mags, 4 bills out the door. By the stroke of God, this rifle is one of the few that actually fires. It had the 2-piece operating rod problem. Bought a US made op-rod, and it is a sweet shooter.

Went back there a couple of months later, and it was vacant.

Albuquerque has had quite a few gunshops come and go.

Remember Quartermaster Sales? Never be the 'wheel man' in a drug deal, especially when you are the owner of a gunshop.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:21:21 PM EST
Originally Posted By yipykyah_mf:
Remember Quartermaster Sales? Never be the 'wheel man' in a drug deal, especially when you are the owner of a gunshop.

That used to be my favorite shop.

Is that what happened? I always wondered, it went away so fast.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:53:45 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:01:17 PM EST
Originally Posted By slimguns:
Originally Posted By yipykyah_mf:

That used to be my favorite shop.

Is that what happened? I always wondered, it went away so fast.

Yeah, QS was a great place to hang out and occasionally buy stuff. Back in the early '90s, I spent quite a bit of coin in the place.

When the owner got zapped, his daughter tried to run the place, but her and her boyfriend ran it into the ground.

Top Top