Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/23/2003 9:51:45 AM EDT
Wondering if anyone in the area does the put-and-take hunt at Atterbury, or hunts anywhere else around here. I'm buying a new shotgun soon so I can get back into shooting regularly, and want to get ready for next season. I'd love to go this season, before Christmas, but don't have a dog or any hunting aquaintances. Is there anyone in the area willing to let me tag along on a hunt?
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 3:26:28 PM EDT
Found a nice side by side double I'm picking up tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 3:27:44 PM EDT
Well, I was going to say how about this Wednesday. My project wraps up Tuesday. But they walked in today and said, "Yes our project is done Tuesday but another team is screwed who needs extra cash?" I do.

I might be up for a hunt with you in December. Depends on how things go this weekend with the Dog. I have never gone on any of the put and takes on public land. I prefer not to until the main chaos is over. Which I think is right now?

I was talking with "thecommissoner" via e-mail last month, he suggested Glendale might be good after put and take is over. And he lives near there. Of course Atterbury is close to Indy and MAY be worth a look.

Pic from last hunt at Lost River Game Farmwww.lostrivergamefarm.com/ in Southern Indiana. That is where I and a few family members from Virginia are going this weekend. We are going to try dog number 2 from VA this weekend.

My Dog, My Bro, My truck,

What are your work hours and days?
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 3:45:27 PM EDT
I work M-Thu 7:00am - around 4:30pm. Fri Until 3:30. Sometimes I have to work Saturday 7-3:30. Lately we have had to because the whole building is on overtime (holiday season, merchandise). In January, our department will get hit with the after the holidays returns. In December, we're leaving the Saturday before Christmas to go out to California for the week. Which is ok, because I think pheasant ends the 21st. I had heard Atterbury was decent because there were a fair amount of birds, and it's only $30 a day (2 bird limit of course).
Let me know how the hunt goes this weekend. We'll be in upstate New York visiting my wife's grandmother for Thanksgiving, till Saturday.
Do you do any other hunting?
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 3:56:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/25/2003 3:12:44 PM EDT by Boss-Monkey]
By the way, my name's Richard. If you want to get ahold of me e-mail me for my phone #. We have to go to the library to get online, so I'm only on once or twice a week.
Thanks

(edited because I was e-mailing this message w/ my phone #, but posted it instead, duh)
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:38:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/25/2003 5:39:58 AM EDT by MarianLibrarian]
Hey, Boss, you work in Brownsburg, right? Anyway, you can use your P'field card at B'burg library to get on the net. We have a reciprocal borrowing agreement with them. Anyway, I don't know if you get long lunch breaks or what, but if so, you could use the computers there, too. AND, if you do, stop by the Junior department and say "hi" to yours truly!
Marian(ReallyMichele)
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 3:10:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/25/2003 3:15:12 PM EDT by Boss-Monkey]
I only get a half hour lunch. I originally signed up at the Avon library, but Plainfield is down the street from us. Never been to the Brownsburg branch. Where is it? I think my wife has been there. The lady at the P'field put me on temp status when she saw I didn't have my Indiana license yet. I had been coming here 2 months. I think she freaked when she saw I had 20 items out. Avon signed me up with DL and proof of residence.

Went to go get my new double today, my paperwork was delayed. I think he had it happen a few times today. I'm getting it from Bryce at Premier arms. He's been pretty cool with me.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 3:23:48 PM EDT
Damn it. I forgot we had a resident Librarian. I need to give your number to my kid!

Boss Monkey, if you have not picked up that gun yet, I can loan you one to use when we go. Pick a gauge. Yes I hunt for other sutff. I use to hunt a lot around Logansport/Winimac area. Probably will get up there in December. See if the frickin' Coyotes have left any rabbits to hunt.

These days I am hunting more on public lands in Southern Indiana.

On the Pheasant hunt, lets try for the weekend after Turkey day. December 6 or 7. I think the put and take is over this Sunday. I will read up on Atterbury over weekend. I suppose it is worth trying once. We can talk when you get back. You can get your license and Upland game bird stamp off the web, Indiana DNR web site.

Anyone else interested in taging along?

Marian, I have a 20 gauge Beretta that is the perfect chic hunting gun! And we can let QS use a .410 so he won't hurt his sniper shoulder. Do your dogs, White Fang and Mangler, hunt at all? I mean besides kibble.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 3:54:35 PM EDT
I'll check out license and stamp info. Just let me know what you think I should need to bring (other than the obvious shooting gear, and safety related items). After you figure out where and when, then I can know, how much $.

Even if the feds don't get back to him within the 3 business days, I'll still have my double by Tuesday (because of the holiday and weekend).
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:45:02 AM EDT
Boss,
[librarian mode on] The Hendricks County Libraries are not one whole system. They are each independent libraries, but we allow patrons from any other library in the county to use our facilities out of kindness![/librarian mode off]. Anyway, I live .25 miles from the Plainfield library and REFUSE to use it because they are the library snobs we the rest of the county librarians hate them. Avoid them at all costs!

Zoub, I don't kill meat. I am not a hunter of any shape or form. If I think about where hamburger come from for too long, I get all sick feeling. Now, don't get me wrong: chicken tastes good, pork chops taste good, hamburger are awesome, but I just don't wanna think about where they come from! So, anyway, QS may be interested though! Ask him about his turkey hunting experiences sometime!

P.S. about your kiddo, feel free to call me anytime and I will be more than happy to help with her homework or reading suggestions! You have my number, right?

Marian
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:47:14 AM EDT
Boss,
BTW, the B'burg library is off of 267 and Tilden. There is a stop light at Tilden with a Methodist Church on the northeast corner. Turn right heading east to Jefferson St (second street on the left). Turn left (north) and we are on the left side of the street. Can't miss us!
Marian
Top Top