Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2009 2:41:54 PM EDT
These little bugs are driving me crazy, mostly because I don't know where they are coming from

Since the begining of July (when the weather first started peaking in temperature) I have found these little brown beetles in various places in my house.  Some days I won't find any, but the next there will be four or five.   I checked my dry food and do not see bugs, larvae or holes in any of the packaging (most of it is in plastic containers anyway) but they do not seem to be localized and I never find more than five or six in one area.  They look like they might be cigarette or drugstore beetles but the thing is so tiny I can't tell.  I have had one trapped in a ziplock bag for almost a week and it is still alive and still in the ziplock bag.

I would post pics but it is too small.

Anyone have any suggestions.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:02:12 PM EDT
[#2]
fire...it will work....

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:09:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:10:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Ummm, NO!

My house may not be the best in the world, but for now it is where I live.

I would like to find a way to displace the bugs, not me and mine.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:10:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:12:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
fire...it will work....

this...

Is fucking funny!
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:15:57 PM EDT
[#7]
a guy i know is in the biz...i'll see if i can get ahold of him and let you know what he says...

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:19:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I never had beetles but did have ant's, during our flea regimen it got rid of the ant's also. I don't have the can's at home right now but it was supposed to kill all kinds of insects. My house is about the same size, but with the basement I set off 4 cans. (the cans that go into a small pan of water work best) Sorry but I don't remember the brand.

ETA: You the kids and pets have to get out of the house for 3 hours, PCR won't be hurt.....................

Much.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:30:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
a guy i know is in the biz...i'll see if i can get ahold of him and let you know what he says...

Arsonist?
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:30:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I never had beetles but did have ant's, during our flea regimen it got rid of the ant's also. I don't have the can's at home right now but it was supposed to kill all kinds of insects. My house is about the same size, but with the basement I set off 4 cans. (the cans that go into a small pan of water work best) Sorry but I don't remember the brand.

ETA: You the kids and pets have to get out of the house for 3 hours, PCR won't be hurt.....................

Much.

I know I could bomb the house and fix the problem...but I really don't want to do that if I can avoid it (due to being pregnant and having way too many houseplants I would need to move).
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:38:11 PM EDT
[#11]
perhaps you could use the new ignore feature?

T
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 5:38:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Time for a pet aardvark.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I am not in pest control but if they look anything like the pic below and they move extremely slow . You have weevils.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 8:07:19 PM EDT
[#14]
This is one of those threads where I have a response as soon as I read the title, knowing that it has nothing to do with the topic.

Usually I can control the urge, but  this time...

This time...

I can't help it.

Pest controll?  That would be Phil and Migra.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 8:11:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top