Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2012 5:40:13 AM EDT
If so skip the 7 eleven off northside drive and heritage trace.  The owner is an antigunner Indian or Paki immigrant who is pretty pissy about Assault weapons and guns in general.

Heres the story.

He was in there I was getting gas and went to get snack on XMAS ever as I was headed to Wichita Falls to meet family saw a guns and ammo mag and picked it up as it would be good info to read when I was bored at the families houese.  Has he was ringing me up he yelled at the store workers for not taking it off the shelf because they are evil mags and I must be one of those evil people that will shoot kids if I want to read that.  Without skipping a beat I said to him

Welcome to 7 eleven would you like a sluchy with that, now tell me why you came to America if you don't like our bill of rights?  Do you have a green card or did you go through immigration correctly I am more than sure they would love you back in your third world country if you wish to leave.

Yes I am an ass I wasn't in the mood to deal with his crap and he was just pissy as well.  My wife and his employees all got a great laugh out of it though and I will be hopping over 35 to the otherside and getting gas there from now on.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:50:52 AM EDT
[#1]
You need to relax.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:57:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Were you blading at 45 while telling him this?  

You should have asked him what he was going to do the  next time someone came in, stuck a pistol in his face and told him to empty the register?  It usually takes an incident like this to change their opinion.  He's living in lala land, thinking it won't happen to him.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:21:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You need to relax.

I disagree.  He took a stand for something he believes in.  Plus, he's right; why did the owner immigrate here if he didn't agree with our values and constitutionally protected rights?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:26:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You need to relax.

I disagree.  He took a stand for something he believes in.  Plus, he's right; why did the owner immigrate here if he didn't agree with our values and constitutionally protected rights?

It is silly to expect the world to think like you.  Way too much energy expended here.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:28:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Even if he was a douche bag...

I think there was little justification to be prejudice
.....that was kinda high schoolish

You could've called him a POS~ turd sucker and walked out...

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:59:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You need to relax.

I agree with taking a stand....but if the best he can do is throw down racial epithets-then  he lost right there...
......and how could he possibly know this guys immigration status? Because he was in a C-store and has an accent?...He could've been born in Cleveland Ohio for  all he knew.

Good friend of mines family is from Vietnam, got his US citizenship, owns his own business. He's also hard core 2nd ammendment, Life Member NRA
He joined US Army out of college because he believes every American "should serve their country". He would also fight side by side with you against those who do not believe in your Right to own firearms or who tried to take them.

He is also a member here on ARFCOM  

By comparison, I've seen alot of "natural" Americans who:

1.Couldn't tell you their Rights
2.Don't work
3.Don't care
4.Don't like guns
5.Have some expectation they are "better" Americans..because they were born here....

Truth be told - It's always better to argue the facts - not ignorance.....
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:00:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You need to relax.

Thanks BTW where were you stationed and when did you get out.  My dads retired Im 6 years from it and my little brother just commissioned.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You need to relax.

It is silly to expect the world to think like you.  Way too much energy expended here.

I don't expect him to think like me at all but I also don't need him to preach his point of view either.

Quoted:
Even if he was a douche bag...

I think there was little justification to be prejudice
.....that was kinda high schoolish

You could've called him a POS~ turd sucker and walked out...

I could have gone way further than what I did but I was looking for commical amusement at the time, three kids in the car acting like tirds and a pissy wife on the rag I was already on edge,  not to mention having my wifes best friends husband try to school me all night the night before about how evil guns are I had my share at that  point.  

Schoolish well yes yes it was.  But I didn't walk in their to school him on being a 7 eleven clerk either.  I don't automatically assume that because he has a middle east accent that he is a terrorist and loves to kill Americans.  Not to mention I guess I have grown somewhat of a bad backbone when I hear that accent.  Four deployments to Afghanistan and one to Iraq kind of does it for you.

My point was to make him feel like a complete jackass it worked.  Not to mention he lost all authority he had over his employees he gets to have a great day after that while I got a good smile all the way to my in-laws.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:18:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I retired from Davis-Monthan in Dec 2010.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Awesome thats where my umm ex-wife is now stationed LOL.

What was your AFSC?
I was a 3P active and switched to medical in the reserves.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:09:49 PM EDT
[#10]
If that guy wants to open his mouth and state some BS opinion, then our buddy has every right to state his opinion.  That's whats going wrong with this country.  Everybody is relaxing a little too much and letting  clowns like this, walk all over this country, and while we are relaxing, we are being outnumbered at an unbelievable rate.  I travel the country daily, and see people like this all over crippling this country.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:03:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You need to relax.

... Plus, he's right; why did the owner immigrate here if he didn't agree with our values and constitutionally protected rights?

Because "we" listened to Ted Kennedy as he sold us the 1965 Immigration Act

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:48:09 AM EDT
[#12]
I only like QT anyway
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:45:09 AM EDT
[#13]
+1 for QT
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm with the OP.  Screw the guy.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:18:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If that guy wants to open his mouth and state some BS opinion, then our buddy has every right to state his opinion.  That's whats going wrong with this country.  Everybody is relaxing a little too much and letting  clowns like this, walk all over this country, and while we are relaxing, we are being outnumbered at an unbelievable rate.  I travel the country daily, and see people like this all over crippling this country.

Got to agree with this one, we've become a nation of pussfied people, always afraid to offend someone.  

If you go out of your way to make a statement, you better be fully prepared for someone to disagree with you and not get all butthurt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top