Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2006 7:00:18 PM EDT
My wife and I are looking to upgrade.  We would like to get a house with a few acres.  I can only do that if it isn't much farther than 45 minutes from the OU Health Sciences Center (which is right by the Capitol)  in morning traffic.  We are looking to spend nothing over $150K but preferably less.  Is there anything decent we will be able to find in that range?  Also we don't want to be North of the HSC as my wife would have to drive really far to work.

If we can't do that we will probably just get a nicer house as we will be buying a LOT of land when I get done with dental school anyways.  I really just don't know what's out there yet.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#1]
www.realtor.com is a great website for house hunting.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:41:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out the Choctaw/Nicoma Park area. That is about as close as you are going to get in that price range unless you go up the I-35 corridor almost to Guthrie.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:58:09 PM EDT
[#3]
dan you callin' us C/NP boys cheap???  Just kidding... Actually the land has gone up out here quite a bit lately.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:51:28 AM EDT
[#4]
damn man for $150k you can get some great places with a few acres on the west side of t-bird, theres properties with houses on them along 120th that are less than that, it takes me less than 30 minutes to get to OMH from my house driving the speed limit.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:52:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
dan you callin' us C/NP boys cheap???  Just kidding... Actually the land has gone up out here quite a bit lately.

Josh, if you knew my uncle Steve real well... he is the epitome of CHEAP! I've got 3 uncles and 5 cousins that live in Choctaw/Nicoma Park! I thought you knew that!
One of my cousins just built a 2800 sq ft house on 5 acres out by XXX Road. It appraised at $290K. He only has $160K in it.
You may be right about the prices having gone up quite a bit!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:39:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
damn man for $150k you can get some great places with a few acres on the west side of t-bird, theres properties with houses on them along 120th that are less than that, it takes me less than 30 minutes to get to OMH from my house driving the speed limit.

I'm not sure what OMH is.  The thing that worries me is all the construction on I-35 and how long it would make my drive in the morning because the construction isn't going to be done anytime soon.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:43:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm not sure what OMH is.

Oklahoma Memorial Hospital. What OUHSC/Presbyterian used to be called.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not sure what OMH is.  The thing that worries me is all the construction on I-35 and how long it would make my drive in the morning because the construction isn't going to be done anytime soon.

I made the trek from NW OKC to OU and back every day for a while. I-35 south of Moore and North of Robinson has got to have the craziest MFs behind wheels in the country. I don't how many times traffic slowed down to 10 mph for several miles and then you find out it is everybody rubber necking at someone changing a flat. While the traffic is backed up, people are flipping each other off, weaving in and out of traffic trying to get a car or two ahead!!!!!!

Ndenway is undoubtedly a much tougher dude than me. He'll run you over, smile, and drive on without thinking about it again!
I had a semi blow over in front of me on the I-35 flats one summer morning in 2003, around 6:00 AM. I lost another seat cover on I-35 that day. I lost a BUNCH of them driving down I 35 between OKC and Norman over the years.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:43:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't drive on 35 unless I'm in that part of town, its faster for me to get to the city going I 40, head north on choctaw rd, hit 40 and I'm in down town okc in 25 min driving the speed limit, if I went on 35, it'd take at least 35min speeding.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top