Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2005 10:41:48 AM EDT
Called the ganders in franklin and kenosha and neither has them.  Neither has winchester 64gr powerpoints either. Need to pick this stuff up today. Anyone got any ideas??

Dicks Sporting goods- Nothing
Jalensky's-only has 60gr Vmax red box at that.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:41:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know where you're planning on shooting it, but Scheels in Eau Claire has boxes & boxes of the Winchester 64-gr PowerPoint--picked up a spare box today.

Probably not helpful...
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:49:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Sportsmans warehouse has black hills ammo.I was there yesterday.I-43 and moreland rd in new berlin.Call ahead 262-641-2000
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:50:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sportsmans warehouse has black hills ammo.I was there yesterday.I-43 and moreland rd in new berlin.Call ahead 262-641-2000

No shit, I called them looking for .308 for the non-existant precision rifle class, and they said they didn't stock Black Hills Ammunition. Guy knew exactly what Fed.GoldMatch.308 was, so he wasn't a total dumbass.

Interesting. It ticks me off when it's easier to go to the store and look for your self than to call and get an answer.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:08:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Thats a little further then I'm willing to go.

They said they had black hills but not what I was looking for. The only place around here with anything was Gander mountain in franklin. They had 3 boxes of federal ammo that was loaded with 60gr partitians. But at $17.99 for 20 rounds I just wasn't feeling it as they used to sell the BH one and it was $3 more but you got 30 more rounds. Doesn't help that everyone I've talked to said it'sa poor preformer in hogs in .223. So no one around here really "stocks" anything ofver 55gr when it comes to "hunting" ammo in .223
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:47:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats a little further then I'm willing to go.

They said they had black hills but not what I was looking for. The only place around here with anything was Gander mountain in franklin. They had 3 boxes of federal ammo that was loaded with 60gr partitians. But at $17.99 for 20 rounds I just wasn't feeling it as they used to sell the BH one and it was $3 more but you got 30 more rounds. Doesn't help that everyone I've talked to said it'sa poor preformer in hogs in .223. So no one around here really "stocks" anything ofver 55gr when it comes to "hunting" ammo in .223

Sorry man, I've looked all around for some good "hunting" .223 in southern WI and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Not even Cabelas in Prarie Du Chien has it. The Gander in Madistan obviously wouldn't carry it either (they won't even carry handguns or handgun ammo) .

I haven't checked the Ammo Box in Sun Prarie yet, but that's probably a little far for you.

ETA: I REALLY need to get some reloading equipment and start rolling my own
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:32:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Photoman,you need to start rolling your own!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:37:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Photoman,you need to start rolling your own!

No shit! I would have started already but I don't have the cash to get the dillon set up for it yet. I may just hook up with 9mmKaboom and work up some loads and load up 1k or so after we figure out a good one. Just for hunting. Good think I have a shitload of brass.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:30:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I just bought some Speer 70gr ss bullets for hunting with my .223 RRA rifle.I'm going to the range today to test them out with AA2015 powder.I load on a single stage RCBS.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:42:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I just bought some Speer 70gr ss bullets for hunting with my .223 RRA rifle.I'm going to the range today to test them out with AA2015 powder.I load on a single stage RCBS.

Let me know how those work out they are one o three I was loking at loading up. The other two are
the 65gr Sierra SBT and the Swift 75gr Scirocco.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:55:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Photoman, i loaded 22&23gr of 2015 powder,win cases,wsr primers,C.O.L. 2.260"
Both loads shot great groups out of my RRA rifle.I will go with the 22gr load for deer this year.
Sportsmans warehouse has winchester 64gr pp ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top