Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 2/25/2007 10:20:29 PM EST
My father-in-law wants a decent AK for as little money as possible. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any person/gunsmith/business in the Salt Lake or Utah Counties who can build a reliable quality AK. We would supply a Romanian parts kit, the receiver (we would buy one that is already bent and not just a flat), and any other parts (if any) needed. I think all we would need someone for is the tools and experience to put together a quality AK. We would be looking to pay around $100 for their service. Then if the build turned out well, I would probably want to have him build another one for me

Any suggestions where to look locally?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:11:11 AM EST
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:25:42 PM EST

Originally Posted By medicmandan:
I think I read on the AK board that someone was sending theirs to Vector. He was purchasing a receiver from them. I don't know what the cost was.

I appreciate the idea and called Vector. They told me that if I provided the parts and bought a receiver from them, they would charge $325 to put it together That would bring the total to ~$120 for the parts + $69 for the receiver + $325 for the build = $514... definitely more than I was hoping to spend.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:45:16 PM EST
Page Hometown » Utah
Top Top