Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/27/2005 6:21:48 PM EDT
Looking for pistol/carbine classes. Seems most of the classes offered by schools are all out on the coast.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:31:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/28/2005 5:31:53 PM EDT by www-glock19-com]
chapmanacademy.com/
Columbia Mo.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:47:59 PM EDT
I used to live in Leavenworth until this past June and for the last 6 months before I PCS'd to Hawaii, there was a guy running classes up in St. Joseph, MO - low light classes, urban/room clearing tactics, etc. He teaches using both live and constructive training techniques (frangible, airsoft, etc). I always wanted to take a class or two with him, but never could find the time. I can't remember the name of his company, but if you ask around at the local gun clubs/stores, I'm pretty sure that there isn't anything else similar in little ole St. Joe...
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:02:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:31:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:16:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By giffmann:
In the Spring I'm going to try to bring Tactical Response into the Omaha/Lincoln or Grand Island area for a weekend carbine course. If this works out I'll post details here.

Giff

pleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:20:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:13:22 PM EDT

Hardest problem is finding an adequate range. I have a couple of ideas, but if anyone has any thoughts on this, please shoot me an email. Range needs to be 50 to 75 yds. wide and about 50 yds. to the targets. Also needs to be able to be run as a dynamic range.

I don't know if it is a perfect fit, but ENGC's pistol bays might work. The main bay is probably 50 yards wide and shout bed deep enough for the course.

Let us know if you can bring them in because I would definately be interested.
SBG
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:21:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Wombat_SCSO:

In the Spring I'm going to try to bring Tactical Response into the Omaha/Lincoln or Grand Island area for a weekend carbine course. If this works out I'll post details here.

Giff

pleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease

Hardest problem is finding an adequate range. I have a couple of ideas, but if anyone has any thoughts on this, please shoot me an email. Range needs to be 50 to 75 yds. wide and about 50 yds. to the targets. Also needs to be able to be run as a dynamic range.

What about this
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:50:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ScaryBlackGuns:

I don't know if it is a perfect fit, but ENGC's pistol bays might work. The main bay is probably 50 yards wide and shout bed deep enough for the course.

Let us know if you can bring them in because I would definately be interested.
SBG

I need to talk to the President at ENGC, but they typically have some VERY restrictive policies about member to non-member ratios on the range. They even have a fit when the Air Force wants to rent the 600 yd. range for quals since there would not be enough members on site.

I'm going to be looking into the Black Powder club out near Grand Island and want to try to talk to Steve Hornady about the facilities they use at the old Ordnance Plant for the Giles Stock classes.

Giff
Top Top