Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/22/2005 8:35:59 PM EDT
Sorry to barge into your hometown forum like this - but I was curious whether any of ya'll coudl recommend a good wine store in Honolulu (or anywhere on Oahu that can deliver to hotels in Waikiki).

My fiancee and I are having a party at a hotel there (not for a while - first week of August) and we're trying to get everything organized and can't figure out if it makes more sense to buy champagne here, and ship it to the hotel, or to buy it from a local liquor store and have it delivered to the hotel.

So, if anyone knows of a good store in Honolulu/Oahu, we'd love to hear about it so we could give them a call.

Please nobody go out of your way - this is just if you know of one off the top of your head. I'm sure we'll figure it out one way or another, but I couldn't resists asking on arfcom, because I have gotten so much good advice here in the past on some many different issues.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:43:46 PM EDT
A little out of the way, but...

When I was on the big island a couple of years ago we stopped at a winery in the Volacno National Park. Dont remember the name, sorry. Anyways, they shipped their wine and we certainly enjoyed the case(s) that we bought. You might check and see if they could ship some interisland for you
Chris
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:23:05 AM EDT
There's a huge wine/liquor store on Waialae avenue in Kaimuki about 10mins from Waikiki. Can't remember the name at the moment. I'll look it up tomorrow and post it on here.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:11:08 AM EDT
Class 6 on Hickam AFB has the best diversity of liqours I think.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:07:46 AM EDT
FUJIOKA'S
2919 Kapiolani Blvd
(808)739-9463
www.fujiokawine.com

This aint the place i was orig thinking of but Fujioka's is very well known and popular locally. They are also right outside of waikiki just 5 mins away.

Hope this helps,

Stone
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:09:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By StoneTemple:
There's a huge wine/liquor store on Waialae avenue in Kaimuki about 10mins from Waikiki. Can't remember the name at the moment. I'll look it up tomorrow and post it on here.

You are thinking of Tamura's:

1216 10th Ave
Honolulu HI 96816
( 808) 735-7100

That is IMO the best liquor store here. One of the few places you can find Kristal.

BTW I am a bartender here too.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:07:22 AM EDT
Gulick Liqours...
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:48:09 AM EDT

Thanks everyone !

Top Top