Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2006 3:56:28 PM EDT
open on Thursdays ?  If not, can someone give me directions to the Cheatham County range ?

I got the day off on Thursday and I'd like to go try my new varmint barrel.          

Thanks.........John
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#1]
It's only open Friday - Sunday

http://www.state.tn.us/twra/stonesrv.html
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:03:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Cheatham is fairly easy to find. Hobson is closed on Thu to the unwashed masses.

From Hermitage:

1) Take Briley Pkwy North. Continue out past I-65 & I-24.

2) Exit the Ashland City Hwy. Hwy 49 or some such, IIRC?

3) Take it all the way into Ashland City. The road will narrow from 4 lanes to two once you get into town.

4) Turn left at the redlight just past the Chevy dealership. WARNING! This may be the second light, I can't recall. Either way, it's the road that crosses over the river, not too many of them there.

5) Continue out this road 4-5 miles, turn left at the Two Rivers Volunteer Fire Dept. This sits on a curve, you may go past it if you're not careful.

6) Continue out another 3-4 miles, there will be a market on your left. You now have to buy an entrance ticket to the range here, I've been told.

6) Take Headquarters Road (the gravel road) next to the market out 1-2 miles. There's a split out there, take the left side fork. The range will be on your left just a few minutes past the fork, IIRC?

Some advice:

Take your own chair!!!!

ALWAYS be armed!!!! There's some shady jackasses out there at times.

Make damn sure you watch the muzzles of others while you're there!!!!!

Other than that, have fun!    

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:46:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, Bob
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:40:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Cheatham is fairly easy to find. Hobson is closed on Thu to the unwashed masses.

From Hermitage:

3) Take it all the way into Ashland City. The road will narrow from 4 lanes to two once you get into town.

4) Turn left at the redlight just past the Chevy dealership. WARNING! This may be the second light, I can't recall. Either way, it's the road that crosses over the river, not too many of them there.

5) Continue out this road 4-5 miles, turn left at the Two Rivers Volunteer Fire Dept. This sits on a curve, you may go past it if you're not careful.

6) Continue out another 3-4 miles, there will be a market on your left. You now have to buy an entrance ticket to the range here, I've been told.

6) Take Headquarters Road (the gravel road) next to the market out 1-2 miles. There's a split out there, take the left side fork. The range will be on your left just a few minutes past the fork, IIRC?

Some advice:

Take your own chair!!!!

ALWAYS be armed!!!! There's some shady jackasses out there at times.

Make damn sure you watch the muzzles of others while you're there!!!!!

+1
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:32:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

From Hermitage:

Some advice:

Take your own chair!!!!
ALWAYS be armed!!!! There's some shady jackasses out there at times.Make damn sure you watch the muzzles of others while you're there!!!!!

DAMN SKIPPY!

BTW: Dont leave your stuff un-attended at anytime. It has been known to walk off or in some cases run and then speed off in a car.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:55:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks to all for the good info....Bob, your directions were right on. It is the 2nd light after th' Chevy dealer and you were'nt kiddin' about the curve at the fire house. If I had'nt seen the little brown sign that said " Cheatham WMA ", I woulda ended up in Dickson or worse.
 I didn't get out to the range til' about 6pm and I was by myself til' dark when I left. It's a difference of night and day, between that range and Hobson Pike. WHEW! I don't think I'll be goin' out there again, unless I'm with a group of friends.
 I'm goin out to the Hobson Pike range Saturday morning for a few hours. Anyone else goin shootin' in the morn ?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:55:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks to all for the good info....Bob, your directions were right on. It is the 2nd light after th' Chevy dealer and you were'nt kiddin' about the curve at the fire house. If I had'nt seen the little brown sign that said " Cheatham WMA ", I woulda ended up in Dickson or worse.

Were ya singing the Deliverance tune??????    

It's a difference of night and day, between that range and Hobson Pike. WHEW! I don't think I'll be goin' out there again, unless I'm with a group of friends.

True, but at Cheatham you can throw some clays up on the bank & blast away with a handgun. Can't do that at Hobson, obviously.

Are you maybe gonna be able to make either the 3 Gun match next month or perhaps the IPSC match or (gasp!) both????? You're welcome to ride with my shooting buddy & me if ya want..........
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 8:01:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, now that you mention it, I did hear some banjos off in th' distance!

You got a point, I do like shootin' at cans and other paraphernalia. Can't do that Hobson.

How bout' a middle TN arfcom shoot sometime soon?

Bob, I will take you up on that ride Sunday for the 3-gun match. Just email me where and when.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:13:17 AM EDT
[#9]
I believe McFooter said 7 May on that date??????

He'll post a fresh thread the week before or so, usually. We can meet up somewhere on Donelson Pike, K-Mart or similar & go from there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top