Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/28/2003 6:32:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/28/2003 6:34:01 PM EDT by Adam_White]
I have a friend down here in VA with me that just got back from Iraq. His wife presented him with the all-to-common welcome home gift - divorce papers.

He's been calling friends up there - and they are asking around - but I though I would try this board for him and see where it might lead.

Yes, we know he can get free legal representation through the Army - but he wants a good local lawyer.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 9:01:01 PM EDT
I cant believe this shit. Sorry to hear that and sorry that I dont know of any NJ lawyers. One of the NJ guys should be chiming in shortly to help out.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 3:47:42 AM EDT
Adam, my attorney grew up in Jersey and was a partner in one of the Manhattan white shoe firms. I'll ask him and get back to you.

Sorry to hear about your friend talk about a kick in the teeth to someone who put his life on hold so we could all continue enjoying our's.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 4:59:45 AM EDT
That really blows... I don't personally know of any good divorce lawyers but I will check into it.

Tell your friend to hang tough. If he ever needs to go blast a few, tell him the NJ crew is here for him!
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 12:53:37 PM EDT
My lawyer is on vacation at the Jersey shore, likely won't get a chance to speak to hum until Tuesday. Sorry.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 3:56:18 AM EDT
The wife and me currently use the firm "Aronsohn, Weiner & Salerno" located in Hackensack, NJ. My wife's ex-husband is a real dirtbag and thinks he's not responsible for his kids. But that's a whole different story. They are very good, BUT expensive. We have been using them for the past 2years and I have been very happy. Email me if you want their number and contact info.

There is anoth guy, Mr. Sunshine (no joke) that is supposed to be really good also. I don't have any info for him.

Both of these firms were recommended to us by a family friend who works in Family Court. Hope this info helps. Sorry to hear about your friend.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:59:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2003 8:16:20 PM EDT by VA-gunnut]

Originally Posted By 308_Scout:
The wife and me currently use the firm "Aronsohn, Weiner & Salerno" located in Hackensack, NJ.

I used to use this firm when I lived in NJ, and I can't think of a better group of guys to deal with. If your friend lives in that area, definitely have him give them a call.

Edited to add: Here is their number, 201-487-4747. I think the number should still be the same.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:17:51 PM EDT
Oh that's nice.

Welcome home honey, thanks for your service to our country and by the way, I'd like you to look over these papers I had my lawyer draw up.

Heartless wench.
Top Top