Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/6/2006 5:03:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/6/2006 5:05:19 PM EDT by Riotgun]
We've done some "spring cleaning" around here, and we've got some toys we'd like to give away. These have all been played with, but they've still got lots of play left in them. I'd prefer to give them away to someone who would use them, rather than give them to Goodwill where someone will have to pay for them.

If you want these, and you're in the Indy area, just let me know and we'll make arrangements for you to take them home.

I would like you to take them and give them to your kids, or to some needy family whose kids don't have a lot. Please don't take advantage and put them on ebay or put them in your next garage sale.

Please send me an IM if you want them, as emails from the site won't reach me.

Here's what we have:

1. Barbies. About 25 Barbies with clothes, furniture, accessories, and other stuff. Sorry, no shoes; it was hard enough finding matching pairs for the girls to keep.

2. Cars/trucks. Hot Wheels, Matchbox, etc. About 50 or so, from 1/64 scale to 1/18. They all have all their wheels.

3. Blocks. Like legos, but bigger. I think they're called megablocks. A couple of different sizes, plus some other block-like things I cant describe.

4. Dolls. Baby dolls and more grown up ones. I don't know how many, but they fill a 1.5 cubic foot box.

5. Stuffed Animals/Toys. Again, I don't know how many, but they fill two 1.5 cubic foot boxes.

Take as much as you want, but no picking and choosing in the boxes. Take the whole box and give it to the kids.

Please don't try to offer any payment. The best payment is knowing some kid's gonna smile when they get some new toys.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:40:41 PM EDT
If nobody needs them, I will check with my Mom to see what she may need. She runs the Child Watch program at the Ft. Ben YMCA.

You can guess where a lot of my daughters toys and books went when we cleaned house like that.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:45:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Zoub:
If nobody needs them, I will check with my Mom to see what she may need. She runs the Child Watch program at the Ft. Ben YMCA.

You can guess where a lot of my daughters toys and books went when we cleaned house like that.

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Someone who can give them a good home.

Let me know ASAP. I can drop them off after PT, as I'll be right there.

Let me know what she can use. She can have all of it, if she wants.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:55:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Riotgun:

Originally Posted By Zoub:

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Someone who can give them a good home.

Let me know ASAP. I can drop them off after PT, as I'll be right there.

Let me know what she can use. She can have all of it, if she wants.

You do PT?

IM sent.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:15:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By abnk:

You do PT?

IM sent.

Well, I go to formation, but I do PT on my own.

Haven't gotten an IM yet.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:55:49 AM EDT
I just resent it, but just in case it didn't make it:

There is a small orphanage close to where I live. If you can wait until Thursday, I am sure they would appreciate it. I plan on showing up on Thursday for a couple of hours and I could pick them up then.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:16:59 AM EDT

There is a small orphanage close to where I live. If you can wait until Thursday, I am sure they would appreciate it. I plan on showing up on Thursday for a couple of hours and I could pick them up then.

Still no IM. You sure you're clicking the right buttons?

OK, you got 'em. I'll bring them to work on Thursday.

Are you back home now?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:34:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Riotgun:

Still no IM. You sure you're clicking the right buttons?

OK, you got 'em. I'll bring them to work on Thursday.

Are you back home now?

The second time I "sent and saved" it, but there's no copy of it in my "sent" folder either. Must be the network here.

No, I am not back yet. I should return early next week. Keeping my fingers crossed...
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:00:02 AM EDT
I know the Y most likely would only want stuf from boxes 1, 2 and 3.

The orphange is even better, no rush here, the Y will still be there at the end of the week. I am sure you want to get those boxes out sooner rather than later. I also have a friend who puts stuff like that in storage and they help families in need and youth centers as well. We also do Xmas gifts every year for the kids at another place, called the Boner Center.

I will check back, if the orphanage can't use it all, none of it will go to waste.
Top Top