Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 1:01:15 PM EDT
As I stated in the title, anyone interested in getting a Utah CCW permit?  We are trying to get enough people together so that a UT certified trainer who lives in MI will come down to the indy area to give a class so that one can qualify for the Utah permit.  The date would be November 20th and the location
maybe at eagle creek park (location is not set yet). The class should last only one day and cost for the class would depend on how many sign up for the class. My guess is that is should be less than $20.  

Some of the advantages of getting a UT permit versus a FL permit are:

cost FL - $117 UT - $59
renewal FL - $107 UT - $10 he
It is hoped that UT may soon get reciprocity with WA and OH.

The UT permit is good for 5 years.

The thread that pertains to this is on glocktalk at:
www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=286830

The point of contact is Joe and email him at [email protected]

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:53:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd be interested depending on cost.  What you stated is reasonalbe.  Be nice just to be clear for OH.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:59:44 PM EDT
[#2]
You can count me in as well...

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:04:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Utah permit rocks
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:44:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like a deal to me!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:09:25 PM EDT
[#5]
ViperEH,  as of right now, OH and UT do NOT have a signed agreement, but hopefully in the near future.

ViperEH, Bond-Bailbond, and gunguy1911, If you are interested please email Joe (his addy is in my initial post).  I am just trying to spread the word so that we have enough people for the class.  If you know of someone who might be interested in the class please give them  the information.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:58:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd be game.

Tagged.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:32:44 PM EDT
[#7]
email away!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:05:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Email sent, calendar cleared for 11/20.

Thanks for posting this info.

EDIT:  Joe says we have 10 on the list, and 2 more as "possible."  The current cost is $55 each, if we get it to 20 people he can drop to $30 each.  My logic is I will bring a friend and pay $60.  If all 10 on the list can find a friend to come, it just became a great value.  Sounds like there is room for 25 max.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:14:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds good. I have a couple of buddies that will probably be interested also.

Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:45:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, I am trying to get people to come to this class.  hinking.gif  I have a bunch of tire kickers, but no for sures yet.  If some here has an account on the 1911 forums (I don't), if you want to post a link to this thread to get more people interested, please do!!! h.gif.  My goal was to get 20 people in the class.  Zoub has a great idea in that try to bring a friend / spouse / aquaintance....
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:47:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Only handguns or rifles & carbines in traditional handgun calibers are allowed.  .22 LR up to .50AE are permitted (.17 HMR is permitted, too).  No rifle caliber handguns (including .30 Carbine handguns).

Oh man, no AR pistols.

No black powder firearms are permitted.  This includes Pyrodex.

And I cant bring my buddies .84 home made flint lock pistol that can shoot a chevy 350 lifter. (hand held artillary)

I have been disenfranchized.

Only target/field tipped arrows are permitted.  No broadheads.

But I guess I could take a bow and mount an incindary bullet to the tip and shoot steel tagets, I would be ok.  Now, how do I light the tracer?

And yes, I can see kentucky if I climb ontop of my silo.  And will show up and be a dumb smart ass redneck.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:45:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I didnt mean to kill the thread.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:21:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I didnt mean to kill the thread.  

You should be ashamed !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top