Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2012 1:52:10 AM EDT
They seem to incorporate a heavy pro-2nd/limited government approach to their sermons, based on what I've been able to gather from their webpage.

Thoughts, experiences, hearsay?

Mercy Seat Christian Church
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 6:31:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Interested as well.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 7:33:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Their articles of faith look sound, although I'd have to think about what my church's purpose was if they taught primarily on Pro-2A / governmental topics.  

When the CCW bills were passed our church looked to the pastor and he basically said the church building won't change.  He has his ways of approving things by not making an issue of them, and this is one of them.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 8:03:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Their articles of faith look sound, although I'd have to think about what my church's purpose was if they taught primarily on Pro-2A / governmental topics.  

When the CCW bills were passed our church looked to the pastor and he basically said the church building won't change.  He has his ways of approving things by not making an issue of them, and this is one of them.

Gotta agree with the above in red.

And sadly, a few weeks after CCW was in place, our church went "no weapons allowed".

I went to breakfast with our main pastor a few weeks later, and told him my thoughts. He said we have a major influence of anti gun people on the church board. Nothing to be done.

And we're in a big church, about 2000 members. But, it IS in Madison.

I told him I've carried a knife since I was 8 years old, and that will not change. He laughed and said keep it out of sight. I said, "what about my pistol?"

He rolled his eyes.

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 8:47:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I've shot an email off to the address listed on their webpage at the time of the OP with some questions, I have yet to hear back from them.

Here's what I've found doing some Google research:
- They are extremely pro-life, and conduct protests from time to time outside of clinics.
- The pastor has signed of on a declaration, along with other pastorial signatories, which states the killing of an abortion doctor was justified under self-defense reasoning, and the killer should be set free.
- Refuses to legally marry anyone with a state license, declaring that the state has no jurisdiction over marriage unions.
- Believes the money systems we use is not in fact real lawful money, but fraudulant Federal Reserve Notes. (While I can't disagree on the factual basis of the statement itself, it is a reality and what we as a society currently use).

That's what I was able to dig up in about 30 minutes of searching. Draw your own conclusions.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 5:11:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Here's what I've found doing some Google research:

lol.....
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 5:27:20 AM EDT
[#6]

This church sounds just a wee tad too extreme for my tastes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top