Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2005 1:17:25 PM EDT
He called in to the Ernie Brown show on KRLD this afternoon and proceeded to ridicule a previous caller apparently for carrying a handgun into a liquor store even though he holds a Concealed Handgun License.  Chief Tony then informs the listening public that it is illegal for a license holder to carry into a liquor store.  Further, he claims that it's illegal for a license holder to carry anywhere that sells alcohol.  He then refers us to the common sign we see on just about every retail buisiness that sells beer & wine - such as 7-11 and the like - claiming that this sign says outright that you can't carry in that establishment.

If anyone knows Chief Tony, slap him upside the head and tell him to read the fawkin' Penal Code and Alcoholic Beverage Code sections specific to his misinformation.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:26:08 PM EDT
[#1]
He has sworn to uphold law...that doesn't mean he has to know much about it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:50:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
He has sworn to uphold law...that doesn't mean he has to know much about it.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:45:06 AM EDT
[#3]
That might be  someone I'm familiar with.  His name is Tony and  his "Law Enforcement career" is legendary.  He was once a jailer.  (I think he was fired.)

He's supposed to be an unpaid reserve  at some small dept up around Dallas, and he LOVES to call talk shows.  He's run for Sheriff before.   He also teaches CHL classes.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:30:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:40:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Can't carry in establishments where 51% or more of profits are from alcohol sales.

Fireblade
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:53:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Can't carry in establishments where 51% or more of profits are from alcohol sales.

Fireblade

You forgot an important part of that:

(1)  on the premises of a business that has a permit or
license issued under Chapter 25, 28, 32, 69, or 74, Alcoholic
Beverage Code, if the business derives 51 percent or more of its
income from the sale or service of alcoholic beverages for
on-premises consumption
, as determined by the Texas Alcoholic
Beverage Commission under Section 104.06, Alcoholic Beverage Code;

Therefore, it is perfectly legal for a CHL holder to carry in a likker store.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:57:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That might be  someone I'm familiar with.  His name is Tony and  his "Law Enforcement career" is legendary.  He was once a jailer.  (I think he was fired.)

He's supposed to be an unpaid reserve  at some small dept up around Dallas, and he LOVES to call talk shows.  He's run for Sheriff before.   He also teaches CHL classes.

tell us who this boob is so nobody takes a CHL class from him.  he is obviously misinformed about this.  what else is he teaching people?

[shamelessplug] if you want a CHL class in Austin contact me, i do classes for $80 for ARFcommers and $60 for recertifications. [/shamelessplug]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:31:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

tell us who this boob is so nobody takes a CHL class from him.  he is obviously misinformed about this.  what else is he teaching people?

[shamelessplug] if you want a CHL class in Austin contact me, i do classes for $80 for ARFcommers and $60 for recertifications. [/shamelessplug]

I can't remember the last name, It's a running joke amongst LE in the counties North and West of Austin.  He's been a reserve in Bartlett, Burnet, and I think Crawford at one time. He's late 40's-early 50's, 5'3", has a moustache and smokes a pipe constantly.  Worked at a small gun range off of Hwy 183 between Lampasas and Austin for a while. Ran for sheriff in Williamson county in the early 90's.  Was a jailer for them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top