Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:47:39 PM EDT
My 99 suburban has the paint fading really bad and there's numerous spots of rust on the roof.

I would like to get this taken care of. Can anyone do it or does anyone know about how much it would cost?
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 2:25:49 PM EDT
Same here. 2000 chevy truck and the hood has rust spots (most likely chipped from road debris) and the clear coat is peeling on the roof.
Link Posted: 4/15/2013 7:03:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By shinoi:
Same here. 2000 chevy truck and the hood has rust spots (most likely chipped from road debris) and the clear coat is peeling on the roof.

Check out Southwest paint and body on nacogdoches. I found them today by asking around at work.

They are the place that my dealership (and most others in the city) use. I saw their work firsthand, and it is showroom quality. The place is a very professional operation.

Price they quoted beat some no name joint by $150.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 8:32:10 AM EDT
Thanks. I'll have to check them out. I asked one collision repair that does mainly insurance work and they said something like 10,000$ ball park, but that they use "premium paints".  I do have a couple small dents I need pulled out so that might be a hindrance too.  I was expecting between 2k to 5k for sure due to the repairs, and a "factory" paint job. I could easily tape off my windows and do a rattle-can job myself.
Top Top