Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 10/29/2013 6:32:40 AM EST
Hey all, I'm looking to replace my sbr magpul ACS stock. I wanted to try out short/entry fixed stocks before buying one as there's so damn many of them now.

Anyone local have a short ACE stock, battle axe, A1, or entry stock?

I'll bring beer!
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:44:27 AM EST
Ace skeleton entry length with the thicker buttpad is nice, that's what I have on my 14.5 lightweight mid length. I'm right up the road from the bristol range. If your ever there shooting I could meet you there.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:53:55 AM EST
I used a standard entry stock for years on my light weight AR for hunting. Simple, zero rattle, cheap and as light weight as it got. I think it may have even been lighter than the Ace. Last winter I replaced it with a Moe stock and set it aside for my GF as she seems to prefer that stock. At times I question if that was a good idea but that is why you keep parts. I was never that crazy about the sling attachment on it but it was not a huge issue. The Ace gives you more options to get it the way you want it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 2:08:23 PM EST
Rock River entry stock is too short. I have a couple of Sully stocks and they're the cat's meow--expensive but worth it. Haven't tried the Ace stocks myself.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 2:13:27 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By glenn_r:
Rock River entry stock is too short. I have a couple of Sully stocks and they're the cat's meow--expensive but worth it. Haven't tried the Ace stocks myself.
View Quote

Do they have trap doors?
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 2:18:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/29/2013 2:18:58 PM EST by glenn_r]
Originally Posted By CrazyWhiteGuy:
Do they have trap doors?
View Quote

Mine don't. Not sure whether they could be fitted with one--I doubt it, but haven't actually looked very carefully as I'm not a trap door user.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 2:24:49 PM EST

Mine don't. Not sure whether they could be fitted with one--I doubt it, but haven't actually looked very carefully as I'm not a trap door user.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CrazyWhiteGuy:
Do they have trap doors?

Now I feel weird.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 2:57:16 PM EST
Sully stocks do not have trap doors. They are solid and have some weight to them to balance the carbine better. They will take a literal beating and hold up where an adjustable would break. Most of my AR's eventually end up with a Sully stock.
Top Top