Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2011 12:33:43 AM EDT
Just moved to Onalaska.
Anyone want to meet for a beer?
No, this is not a 'personal' ad.
Just want to meet up with some local AR / Tactical 12 gauge people nearby.

Link Posted: 1/22/2011 6:48:58 AM EDT
[#1]
My grandma lives up there in Onalaska, she's got a lake house, it nice up there. I think you picked the one place in Texas were all yhe old people go to retire. Point Blank is a hick town ran by some crooked cops and is a speed trap from hell so watch it over there. White Rock creek and Caney creek are good fishing holes for white bass, crapy, and black bass.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 9:32:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I love that map! My aunt lives in Livingston. I go there a couple times a year to visit her, and I drive through Onalaska to get there. You picked a nice area to live.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#3]
i live in huntsville.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I live in Woodville. I go to Huntsville a lot to see my college friends.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 4:14:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I live seven miles south of downtown Livingston.    I shoot in my back yard from time to time - 100Yd range.   PM me here for email / phone #.   We can meet up at Buster's or El Taquito for a few brews.

... the place where "old folks" go to retire huh????     My wife and I are in our mid 30's and I'm as closed to retired as I can be I suppose.  

As a kid we'd drive through Livingston and I thought it was neat.   I did a google search one day and found the exact plot of land /houseI wanted.   Had the wife go look at it.   She sent me pics and we bought it.      It's gotta be one of the best places in the world to live other than all this dang rain we're getting now.    

Now we're just getting old here.

There's a few really good bands that play at Whirlwinds, VFW and Buster's.  

-Luke
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 4:09:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I live seven miles south of downtown Livingston.    I shoot in my back yard from time to time - 100Yd range.   PM me here for email / phone #.   We can meet up at Buster's or El Taquito for a few brews.

... the place where "old folks" go to retire huh????     My wife and I are in our mid 30's and I'm as closed to retired as I can be I suppose.  

As a kid we'd drive through Livingston and I thought it was neat.   I did a google search one day and found the exact plot of land /houseI wanted.   Had the wife go look at it.   She sent me pics and we bought it.      It's gotta be one of the best places in the world to live other than all this dang rain we're getting now.    

-Luke

100 yard range? Can I play too..?
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 4:27:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I live in Liberty.  I know, it's 60 miles away.  I got a  500 yard range in my backyard.  

This is a dick measuring contest, right?
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I live in Liberty.  I know, it's 60 miles away.  I got a  500 yard range in my backyard.  

Ya but we only get to go to yours twice a year. kiddin
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 7:56:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I live in the Normangee/Madisonville area, but I am always in huntsville or conroe for drill or just to go.  Not old enough for brew, but Definitely  old enough for shooting.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:50:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry for not replying sooner, everyone.
Got sick due to visiting someone else in hospital in Conroe.
Two consecutive 6 hour days there was enough for me to catch something.
I knew I should have worn an N95 respirator but I knew people would stare.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:56:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I love that map! My aunt lives in Livingston. I go there a couple times a year to visit her, and I drive through Onalaska to get there. You picked a nice area to live.

Wall plaque and map are screen-shots taken from the TV series 'Jericho'.

Onalaska is interesting place. Smallest town I have ever lived in. It's quite a change after living in Las Vegas, NV for the last 8 years.
You cross a long bridge to enter the town from the west and cross another long bridge to leave the town heading east.
Almost like living on an island. I feel like I'm surrounded by water.
Did you know this area has the highest number of lawnmower repair stores per capita, anywhere in the US!
Also, you don't need to own a single golf ball to have two golf carts parked outside and not be considered strange.
GF's folks live down by the lake. I never knew what a 'boat lift' was until I saw one.

More screens from 'Jericho'.....

THIS

VERSUS THIS

EQUALS THIS

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:00:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

-Luke

Livingston has a downtown?
It must be west of 190 & 59

Gonna PM you now.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:19:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My grandma lives up there in Onalaska, she's got a lake house, it nice up there. I think you picked the one place in Texas were all yhe old people go to retire. Point Blank is a hick town ran by some crooked cops and is a speed trap from hell so watch it over there. White Rock creek and Caney creek are good fishing holes for white bass, crapy, and black bass.

I think you're being a bit generous calling Point Blank a town.
Unless there's a lot more to it than you can see when heading to Pork Chops (I think that's what it's called - the biker bar).
I have this ingenious way to avoid speed traps and tickets - I'll give you one guess what it is.
Back in Las Vegas, the cops were too busy to be bothered with trivial stuff like speeding, shots fired etc.
That's one disadvantage I've noticed about moving here - cops are bored and have nothing to do but hassle people for trivial things.
But at least now I have the opportunity to pick up a new hobby - Fishing!!!

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:20:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Luke

Livingston has a downtown?

It must be west of 190 & 59

Gonna PM you now.

You drive down through the square when you are on 190, heading towards 59.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
i live in huntsville.

Is Able Ammo an actual store there in Huntsville?
If so, is it worth a visit?

Any suggestions on where I can go to zero in a new AR scope?
Closest place I could find was Conroe shooting center.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:26:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Haven't been there yet.
How big is it compared to say, Livingston?
Any gun stores there?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:31:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Is that Dominos Pizza still open there?
(god I miss Dominoes!)
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:35:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
i live in huntsville.

Is Able Ammo an actual store there in Huntsville?
If so, is it worth a visit?

Any suggestions on where I can go to zero in a new AR scope?
Closest place I could find was Conroe shooting center.

Yes it is. Its inside of Able glass. They are the "best" place in Huntsville.
Its mostly college kids that work there. Prices are so-so. FFL transfers are decent. I believe mine was $20 and they usually have a good ammo stock.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:37:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haven't been there yet.
How big is it compared to say, Livingston?
Any gun stores there?

Its about the same size and no, only one pawn shop that charges out the ass for FFL transfers....

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:40:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that Dominos Pizza still open there?
(god I miss Dominoes!)

Yes it is.  There's an Italian place about a mile down the road from Dominos that has real pizza, in case you're interested.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top