Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2014 7:15:01 AM EDT
We may be moving to the central ohio area; likely Granville; for an employment opportunity in Newark.

Anyone in Granville that can tell me about it?  Looks like if you're in the Granville school district, schools are great.  I assume there aren't really any bad areas of town - but are there better areas than others?

Looking for a 4br/3ba on an acre or more.  Seems a few homes are for sale that fit the requirements.  

IM/email is ok if you'd rather a private conversation.

Thanks all.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:50:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I live up the road in Johnstown. Granville looks nice but I've not spent much time there. I do know it's a small college town, easy access to Columbus. Licking county is nice, low taxes, huge lgs close by (vance outdoors). The roads could stand to be kept up better, and the back roads are full of bicycle vermin.

I want to move somewhere with better weather, seems like every winter is colder than the last.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:11:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Granville is expensive...I'd live in Newark, Heath, Hebron, or one of many other places.  Should be easy to find lots of country homes.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Granville is nice, but like already mentioned, can be a little pricey. The village keeps a pretty tight leash on everything, so there isn't any real bad areas. I would look for something in Granville Township. Granville Township has all the benefits of living in Granville, but doesn't have the high taxes. Other than that, I would look for somewhere in the county areas, instead of living in Newark. Heath isn't bad, either. Also, Licking Valley Schools isn't bad either. Licking Valley would be more to the north east of Newark area.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:40:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Born and raised in Granville.
Moved back 5 years ago after college and have been here since.
No bad areas to worry about.
There are a lot of great, salt of the earth type, people but Granville has a "snobby" reputation for a reason.

The schools are tough to beat.
My mother teaches at Newark (taught at Granville also before being a stay at home mom for several years) and I have several teacher friends at other districts in the area.
Obviously your kids can get a great education anywhere given the right attitude, but Granville is rated highly for a reason.

If you have any specific questions, just let me know.
And let me know if there are any houses that pique your interest, I should be able to give you a rough idea of what the neighborhood is like and what to expect.

ETA: Like others have said above me, look outside of the village, it will be easier to find the lot you are looking for and the taxes are less.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 12:50:39 PM EDT
[#5]
IM swingset  he is a long timer over there...
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top