Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/14/2005 6:12:19 PM EDT
I borrowed a trailer and on the way home the left wheel flew off, I was only driving about 90mph. When I was able to stop, about a mile later, I could not find the wheel that came off. You would have thought I would have seen the sparks but I was talking with another board member and we just didn't notice. The cop that stopped us told us the sparks looked like a bright, burning rooster tail, I am sure sorry I missed seeing that. He also gave us the exit number that the left side loading ramp dropped off at. The metal bar that held it on wore down from the friction with the asphalt. That may have caused all the sparks.

Anyone got a welder I can borrow? I used to know how to weld, but I can practice on the trailer and pick it right back up. I think a little black paint is all I will need for him not to notice.

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:37:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2005 6:45:46 PM EDT by gamachinist]
Geeze man!I'm guessing this was an unloaded tamden axle trailer!
One of my friends that moves them for a living would tell you that you probably don't want to find that wheel! Who knows where it went!
Sorry,I'm down south a ways,but if you want to use my buzz box,stop by Northern for an axle stub and wheel assy and pick up some fresh rods and let me know so I can get it near enough to the front door!

Edited to add:
Bring your own beer too!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:39:07 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:41:19 AM EDT
Hey BookHound, your trailer was stolen!

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:48:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By gamachinist:
Geeze man!I'm guessing this was an unloaded tamden axle trailer!
One of my friends that moves them for a living would tell you that you probably don't want to find that wheel! Who knows where it went!
Sorry,I'm down south a ways,but if you want to use my buzz box,stop by Northern for an axle stub and wheel assy and pick up some fresh rods and let me know so I can get it near enough to the front door!

Edited to add:
Bring your own beer too!

Thanks for the help, but I was picking on our illustrious moderator.

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:54:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:43:15 AM EDT
Doh!
I should have known!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:24:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2005 7:25:14 AM EDT by Accountant30339]

Banged up the trailer a bit, so I replaced it.

You couldn't fix it w/ a claw hammer??? I am disappointed in you.
Top Top