Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2005 12:50:00 PM EDT
I got my bow,gun,small game permits today for hunting the fort.Does anyone else hunt the fort?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:04:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I got my bow,gun,small game permits today for hunting the fort.Does anyone else hunt the fort?

Been hunting there for years. This year I forgot about the app and lost out. The wife is very dissappointed, because she was looking forward to going again this year.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:23:45 PM EDT
[#2]
We stayed right on the base last year for gun deer for $15 a night.We saw alot of deer.I hate these high gas prices because its going to cost a fortune to hunt the fort now.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:15:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I heard last year that they are not letting anyone stay on post anymore except for the camp sites.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:11:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:08:45 PM EDT
[#5]
It's pretty bad when 1 hunter has your company outgunned.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:31:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ya know, I trained very briefly at Ft Mcoy (as a Marine) during deer hunting season.  We were running around in full camo, M16A2's and blanks -and across the field were hunters in blaze orange.  I thought that was one of the crazyest things
. . . is that still going on?

In the years that I have been going there, I have never seen troops training in the field during GD. At least not the first weekend.

BTW if anyone knows how to get three GD permits for the fort for this year let me know pronto.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:14:01 AM EDT
[#7]
They told hunters that you could't stay on the base but that was a lie.We stayed with other hunters near the state patrol hdqters in a brand new building.My buddy knows some of the girls who work in housing so we know whats open for us.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:17:03 AM EDT
[#8]
E mail permit sales for info about gun deer.
[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:14:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Not anymore but I was a game warden (permanent party Army)  back in '70 (yes 1970)
:)
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:29:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
E mail permit sales for info about gun deer.
[email protected]

No dice
Quota filled.

Even know they will again this year not fill the number of tags that they want to fill.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:47:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like March 28 was the deadline date applications began being accepted for both small game and deer season permits.  Cite

Talk about paper shuffling!

edited because I didn't understand what I was reading  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:46:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Looks like March 28 was the deadline date applications began being accepted for both small game and deer season permits.  Cite

Talk about paper shuffling!

edited because I didn't understand what I was reading  

You really have to get a jump on it. I am usually very good about it, but this year I got tired of being the one person that has to do all of the leg work for everyone in the group. So I put it on the back burner. When I finally uncovered the apps from my desk, it was to late.

More and more people must be going to the fort. There ALWAYS were extra permits even up to the day before openning season. But not now.

Maybe next year.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:18:06 AM EDT
[#13]
We get to stay on the base again this year at the wis military academy,$15 a night,what a deal.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:13:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
We get to stay on the base again this year at the wis military academy,$15 a night,what a deal.

bahhh, shut it!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:01:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Just remember,its all who you know!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:39:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Just remember,its all who you know!!!!!

We were at WMA last year. All of the previous years we spend in the BOQ's, those were much nicer. All about the same price. You cannot beat $15 a night.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top