Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2006 4:02:07 AM EDT
I've been trying to get some information on feral pig hunting in Southwest Missouri.  I've heard that there are some decent sized populations scattered through the Mark Twain forest by Cassville and Cape Fair.  

Anyone hunt in that area?  Have any tips for me?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:08:45 AM EDT
[#1]
We tried getting a hunt together in the spring, but it never really worked out for most of us.

What we did find out though was that the hog population is down (this was from the conservation dept people)

Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:57:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I hunted some pigs last week in the local A&P.   Found 'em, caught 'em, took 'em home, cleaned 'em up and cooked 'em!  Mmmmmmmmmm, pork.

Folks sure look at you funny when you carry a HK91 into the store though.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:16:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I got some "machine gun" comments durring the deer season with my SA58 myself.  I sure would like to tag a hog with it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:33:52 PM EDT
[#4]
imq, try the Stockton Lake area. Cassville is starting to get thinned-out.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:00:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Now that I've got my .50 Beowulf up and running, it's begging for pig's blood.  400 grain flat point should do the job nicely.  

If anyone gets a hunt going, I'm available most weekends.  Let me know please.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:50:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I would definitely be in for a hunt as well. The pigs must die!!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:12:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I work for Rural Missouri, the rural electric co-op monthly publication. I'm made some initial inquiries about doing a story about feral hogs. I'm supposed to go out with a USDA guy when he gets some traps baited.

I've thought about expanding the story to include hunting. If a group gets together for a pig hunt and wouldn't mind having a photographer/writer along please touch base with me. If the timing works out I might be able to include you in the story.

Bob McEowen
(573) 635-6857 x 3426
[email protected]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#8]
We have them here at the house, they have been spotted several times and a guy shot one 2 yrs ago 2 miles down the rd. Wife almost hit one with truck while back but they arent around enough here to waist  time looking for them. I would luv to kill one and see how they taste, nothin better then a dead slab of hog on the plate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top