Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2005 10:23:58 PM EDT
Curious, I have 1 kit arriving Thursday, another in the following week and a Tantal coming down (hopefully). I don't have ANY of the tools so any help would be appreciated.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:20:08 AM EDT
[#1]
guess not, I would like to see how yours comes out tho
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:45:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
guess not, I would like to see how yours comes out tho

I don't know if I will do it by myself if I can't find someone with the tools, I'll probably send it off to be built by JNEWT.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:19:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Depending on where the build fest is located I would be interested. I have 2 more Romy kits coming in next week.....hopefully.

If you want Jnewt to build it I'd suggest getting with him pronto, his schedule is filling up quick. I scheduled 3 builds with him last week and the earliest slots he had open were in Feb./Mar 06. But I gotta say, its worth the wait. Another option might be Grenadier Precision located in Hondo. I'm in the process of scheduling a build with them. They are fairly new, but from what little I have seen they do good work. Plus I have family from there and want to support the local business when possible.

Trent
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:07:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd be interested, I'm gonna order a Romy kit in the next few days, so it wouldn't get built until someone could show me how with the right tools.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:46:25 AM EDT
[#5]
There are some nice Krink kits that I would like to build.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:18:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Depending on where the build fest is located I would be interested. I have 2 more Romy kits coming in next week.....hopefully.

If you want Jnewt to build it I'd suggest getting with him pronto, his schedule is filling up quick. I scheduled 3 builds with him last week and the earliest slots he had open were in Feb./Mar 06. But I gotta say, its worth the wait. Another option might be Grenadier Precision located in Hondo. I'm in the process of scheduling a build with them. They are fairly new, but from what little I have seen they do good work. Plus I have family from there and want to support the local business when possible.

Trent

I don't have the cash for a JNEWT build since I've got 3 kits coming, 2 Rommies (One is supposed to arrive today-W00t!) and possibly a TANTAL/PMKMS.

I am probably going to build ONE of them (Most likely Tantal) and either build one of the rommies later, and keep the other one as an investment.

Mausermark-DPH has "mixed S/ns" Rommie kits for 95$. Grade B wood with mixed serial numbers, get one and build it, just check the headspace....

Ben
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:28:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Trent

I don't have the cash for a JNEWT build since I've got 3 kits coming, 2 Rommies (One is supposed to arrive today-W00t!) and possibly a TANTAL/PMKMS.

I am probably going to build ONE of them (Most likely Tantal) and either build one of the rommies later, and keep the other one as an investment.

Mausermark-DPH has "mixed S/ns" Rommie kits for 95$. Grade B wood with mixed serial numbers, get one and build it, just check the headspace....

Ben

That's the problem I am not far from ordering one from AIMsurplus ($99 they've always done me right), but I have no idea how to go about doing it, even after reading all the threads on the AK47 build it yourself forum
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:37:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a press, plinker jig, bolt cutter squeezer, flat folder, and some tricks for pulling old rivets out...

Where would this party most likely take place, and what kind of beer do you guys drink?

I'm in the Dallas area, but I go to Austin about 2 times a month...
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:07:36 AM EDT
[#9]
i'll put in one vote for Houston.  I've got 4 flats and one Romy kit to build.

I like Guiness
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:01:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have a press, plinker jig, bolt cutter squeezer, flat folder, and some tricks for pulling old rivets out...

Where would this party most likely take place, and what kind of beer do you guys drink?

I'm in the Dallas area, but I go to Austin about 2 times a month...

When are you going to be in the Austin area next?  I am in desperate need of a rivet squeezer.  If I could barrow it for a day I would be happy to buy you a few beers.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:35:08 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Trent

Ben

That's the problem I am not far from ordering one from AIMsurplus ($99 they've always done me right), but I have no idea how to go about doing it, even after reading all the threads on the AK47 build it yourself forum

It's not that hard, if you show up with your kit, receiver, compliance parts and some free time I'm pretty sure one of the guys would be willing to explain to you how it all goes together.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:01:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I have 2 Romy Kits and two flats. I need to order some compliance parts and I will be ready to go. I would love to attend a build party in the DFW area.

Thanks,
Bryan
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:07:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a TANTAL kit now! Woot woot!

Ben
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:55:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Posted by Stovepipe:
When are you going to be in the Austin area next? I am in desperate need of a rivet squeezer. If I could barrow it for a day I would be happy to buy you a few beers.

Prob going down next weekend...the 20th. You're more than welcome to borrow it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:59:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I've got 2 Rommy kits, 1 Tantal Kit, 1 G2 FCG, 1 us PG..all I'm lacking is an armory receiver and one more us made part...

ben
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:03:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Anywhere near houston (I live in college station) and I am in!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:16:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:54:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Anywhere in Texas for me, between houston and Oklahoma. Prefferably in the DFW area...

BEN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top