Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2005 3:48:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:36:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldnt go anywere more that likely. I live on a ranch that has a walk in fridge,livestock, own well, generators,gas station,lots of supplys , with lots of ammo and guns. If for some unseen reason we had to leave i could be in the stillwater mountain range with in 20 minutes. In my truck i keep my AR15 and a E&E pack loaded with ammo,camel back,some food, GPS and all that shit so i could get back to the ranch or make a run to were ever.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:32:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:30:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Still working that 1 out, we have some ruff plans and a few items set aside but nothing in stone.  1 of the problems out here is the damn heat, if you have food stuffs in the car they go bad in 1 season.....I even wory about the ammo I keep in the truck ( a few hundred rounds for several different calibers, and it has come in handy a few times).  

I would need a bag for 2 adults and 3 small children, logisticaly I am screwed!  Trying to pack that around is next to impossible......compound that by 2 vehicles, does that mean I need 2 of everything????

CRAP!

"G"
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:41:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Hell, my plan is to go to Beckett's!

Actually, I used to keep an 18 gal Rubbermaid in the truck with some recovery equipment and a '72 hour' Y2K era kit. It has those dried Coast Guard rations (which are supposed to be impervious to heat).  THe packaged water is a mixed bag--there are several in the kit, and i've had one burst.  ALong with that stuff is extra socks, gloves, batteries.

As for bags, I like the Camelbak brand. I have a few of them. I bought into the Kifaru thing, but as a civvie, I didn't have a need for the durable construction (which corresponds to a lot of weight).  

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#6]
NOLA ought to have shown EVERYONE that  survivalism/preparedness is not just for kooks. I garauntee that you do not hear about the smart people, only the sheeple who expect a handout.
I keep a BoB in my car (the MonkeyMobile). It has a gasmask, canteen (w/ gasmask adapter), water purification tabs, power bars,  powdered drink mix (vitamin stuff), trioxane, 550 cord, space blanket, poncho, multi-tool, knife . All in USGI buttpack. In winter, add Blackhawk pack with GI pocho and liner, cold weather gear. Always have Glock shovel and LED light.  Also, couple of spare mags for daily CCW.
Bugging out is only an option when I am trying to get home.I have emergency plans for getting home, I know the water sources between work and home.  That is safe zone. Lots of friends and family in the area, lots of resources.
Just added a pantry to stock up more heavily on long term storage foods.
In the event of a disaster that forces us out of home, we have many options, heading for the hills is last on that list.  My personal philosophy is to make as many like minded friends and work together.
It's never too late to get started (unless you live in the Gulf Coast).
If you guys haven't gotten prepared, get thee to the survival forum now!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:26:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I have 2 camelbaks and 1 blackhawk,they all have basic loadout for each person as far as second line gear.
Each one has a specific function,One has a full compliment of firstaid supply's,One has extra clothing and cold weather gear, gun cleaning and spare parts,One has shelter equipment and mountainering gear.
We each have a full loadout of first line LBE to accompany these.I keep 2 weeks water supply and Mre food suppy that is rotated regulaly.
Everything is packed in tote's,aussie ammo boxes,5 gallon water tanks and ready to go to the Bullfrog Mtns,Hopefully not in my lifetime.
After seeing some of the stuff that went on in the news from this last storm,I feel we are ready and I like the comfort zone,money well spent.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:24:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Of course....
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:12:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Something simple, one for all of my family. Just cheap German milsurp bags from CTD.

They have a few of the essentials. You can see some of my water in the back ground.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:19:47 AM EDT
[#10]
That's something that I never considered much. With me working for a PD and the wife in the ARNG, fleeing is not an option.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:40:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
That's something that I never considered much. With me working for a PD and the wife in the ARNG, fleeing is not an option.

It's not just about fleeing. It may be a chemical leak from a tanker truck or the neighbor's meth lab exploding or just your standard issue wildfire that forces you and your family from your home. You should be prepared to bail out if needed, even if you don't consider it your first choice.Please don't take this a s criticism, but it never hurts to have a "What if...?" Plan, no matter what your occupation. Better for you if you have a wife that is savvy enough to tote a rifle and use it I'll say it agin, you can never have too many friends. I am fortunate to have friends all over the immediate area, the kind that would take me in and say, "do you need to borrow a gun?".
And I suspect when it's all over, we'll find a lot of LEOs just gave up in NOLA when they realized it was them against the mob of (in)humanity and they still had their own families unaccounted for . I am going on record now to say they probably did the right thing, and if sheeple would learn to take care of themselves, then they'd  only need to call the police when you REALLY need frickin help.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:54:26 AM EDT
[#12]
This thread is great, just what me and the hubby were thinking about lately. We have some good camping gear, but our food needs to be rotated, and plans for staying or evacuating tightened up. Going to get one of those handy Otis Universal Tactical Cleaning Kits this week, too.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:16:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not just about fleeing. It may be a chemical leak from a tanker truck or the neighbor's meth lab exploding or just your standard issue wildfire that forces you and your family from your home. You should be prepared to bail out if needed, even if you don't consider it your first choice.Please don't take this a s criticism, but it never hurts to have a "What if...?" Plan, no matter what your occupation. Better for you if you have a wife that is savvy enough to tote a rifle and use it quote]

even if I took this as criticism , that would be fine. I understand completely. I should consider it..... I'll start looking into it more. I have some ideas of what I would throw in there already.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:51:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:02:20 PM EDT
[#15]
fuck no! those would be the last places i would go. If i had to leave for what ever reason i would go to one of these places, Eureka, Kingman,Orvada or Rome oregon. Preferable Orvada or Rome were i have family and friends that run ranches in these very small remote places that would be safe from everything and have everything you would need to live. I would stay away from all citys of any size.

Ok granted im not from reno but fallon is only 50 minutes away so im going with this.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
People in Vegas and Reno, if a mandatory evacuation order was given for whatever reason, where would you go? L.A.? Mesquite? St. George? Camp out somewhere in Lincoln or Nye counties? Where?

I'm buying a 40' shipping container and putting it on my land in Rachel, it will have alot of stuff to survive including a ton of water and freeze dried food. I also am putting a trailer out there and could easily live a few months if need be out there.

I'd drive back to the Bay Area (by Oakland) since 90% of my family is there.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:41:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Id probably head to a place like Beckett's and ask to stay on their land. I'm sure most people would be more than happy to help after getting to know what I'm all about. (meaning i'm not gonna try anything stupid)
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:08:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Of course blazin your always welcome! another trigger puller is always good to have.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:14:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:55:49 PM EDT
[#20]
no...no one from south of yerington or west of fernley. you clowns gotta go back to california
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:44:41 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
no...no one from south of yerington or west of fernley. you clowns gotta go back to california

Crap!
I'll cut you a deal, since I am in Wellington, halfay up  208 to 395 (right near the Cali border), you let me fall back to your place and I'll hold them as long as i can.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:48:38 PM EDT
[#22]
I have MORE than a bug out bag!!  In my Jeep, I carry a shovel, pulaski, tent, small stove, lantern, some small propane bottles, cooler, fishing stuff, .223, shotgun (12 guage), my day/survival pack with knives, extra socks, water filter, etc.  Then I have my sleeping bag, backpack, camp chair, extra coats, wool blanket, and a few more things I can't think of right now.  Basically if I had to leave my house immediately, I would only have to grab my pills and a folder with all of my major paperwork, grab my dogs, and hit the road.  I could easily be "lost" or "stranded" out somewhere for days, and still be fairly comfortable and have nothing to worry about, providing there was no health concern for either me or whomever is with me at the perticular time.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:45:29 AM EDT
[#23]
wow i hope you have a grand cherokee and not a wranlger or else your gonna be pushing yourself around. o ya gunmonkey that sounds allright to me. after that if anyone else shows up they have to fight to the death and the last one standing gets in. (long as there not from vegas or reno)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top