Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 10:10:04 AM EDT
On the talk station, 830 on the AM dial, Mike Buck and the Lt. Govenor were discussing Hawaii gun laws, Hawaii CCW, and even crossbows.  I used to like Duke Aiona, but I don't much anymore after hearing the discussion yesterday afternoon.  Did anyone else catch it?  They were talking about it between 5:00 and 6:00 PM Hawaii time.  

One thing that was sort of funny - the Duke doesn't know that crossbows are illegal here!  A guy called the show, stated he was a felon and that he couldn't buy guns because of it, and asked if the same rule applied to crossbows.  Aiona said that the gun laws do not apply to crossbows and that a felon could buy one in Hawaii!  I guess "The Judge" doesn't know the laws  he's supposed to enforce.

On the subject of CCW - he said he likes how strict the gun laws in Hawaii are.  He didn't say Lingle wouldn't sign a CCW law if it made it to her desk, but if she shares his anti-gun views, it would never happen.  The legislature could always override her veto if it came to that, but lets not kid ourselves.

I only caught the last half of it.  Did anyone hear the whole thing?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:56:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds pretty dick to me, I guess Im gonna have to run for office...
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:00:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Dont forget  most citizens in  Hawaii are Liberals and dont really care for guns, unlike Grassroot States. Just being a Demo, will have a majority of  the voting public.  As most Pro gun politician lost their seats.

---- I guess "The Judge" doesn't know the laws he's supposed to enforce. ------
Just like many people think Machine Guns and Silencers are also Illegal, whereas the majority of the Union still allows them.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, our ruling elite and their laws suck.  Their smarmy, "we know what's best for you unwashed masses" attitude never fails to get me pissed.  nf9648, whats your platform?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:11:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yeah, our ruling elite and their laws suck.  Their smarmy, "we know what's best for you unwashed masses" attitude never fails to get me pissed.  nf9648, whats your platform?

Im gonna go as a republican so far right he cant stand straight.  My slogans will be "save the environment, wear fur" and "save a generation, beat your kids".
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:44:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't forget to support PETA, People Eating Tasty Animals.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:17:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Don't forget to support PETA, People Eating Tasty Animals.

Cant forget those guys, I think Ill get to the top of that organization first so that I have something to back me up besides common sense and a good moral character.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:57:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
On the subject of CCW - he said he likes how strict the gun laws in Hawaii are.  He didn't say Lingle wouldn't sign a CCW law if it made it to her desk, but if she shares his anti-gun views, it would never happen.

I guess he doesn't want crime to be reduced like it does EVERYWHERE else CCW laws are passed...
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:31:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
On the subject of CCW - he said he likes how strict the gun laws in Hawaii are.  He didn't say Lingle wouldn't sign a CCW law if it made it to her desk, but if she shares his anti-gun views, it would never happen.

I guess he doesn't want crime to be reduced like it does EVERYWHERE else CCW laws are passed...

Oh, no... Hawaii is special, didn't you know?  Even though we have one of the highest property crime rates in the country, CCW would only mean piles of bodies in the streets from the law-abiding CCW holders shooting it out like the old west.  In fact, our property crime rate would most certainly go up.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:12:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Property crime is fuel to by Drug Market. If only Drugs were made Illegal then Property Crime should decrease because Drug cannot be sold. Wonder why that doesn't  work?>

If CCW was passed then everyone would be shooting each other and school children.....
Liberal Logic
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:38:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I aint tryin to start a pissin contest but i'm pretty sure crossbows ARE LEGAL here.  Sports authority sells them time to time.

Also, it is legal to hunt with one on private property or on public lands if you can get a docs note stating you are physically unable to use a conventional bow.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:05:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I aint tryin to start a pissin contest but i'm pretty sure crossbows ARE LEGAL here.  Sports authority sells them time to time.

Also, it is legal to hunt with one on private property or on public lands if you can get a docs note stating you are physically unable to use a conventional bow.

Upon further investigation, I stand corrected.  Apologies to the Lt Gov.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:01:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Upon further investigation, I stand corrected.  Apologies to the Lt Gov.

Cool, I always wanted one, I was sad about this issue until now!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top