Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 7/20/2008 6:21:40 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/20/2008 6:24:52 AM EST by godzillamax]
I moved here a year ago and finally am settled in enough and my schedule has calmed down enough that I have the time to hit the range on a regular basis. Anyone have experience with these ranges? I live in Savage so I am looking mainly for something close. I always have my own ammo and targets, and really dislike ranges that frown upon rapid fire (at least those that consider a double tap to be rapid fire). Also, ability to rent isn't a high priority or me and I would prefer not to have to pay a membership fee since I don't want to join anyplace at this moment.

Burnsville Rifle and Pistol Range
Dakota County Gun Club – Outdoor
Dakotah Range

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:49:03 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/20/2008 10:52:37 AM EST by rn22723]
Reality is that aside from Oakdale there are no public outdoor ranges, and so Oakdale is open to the public on weekend thru fall with restrictions. Otherwise BPR out to nearly 50yds indoor. Rules are made to keep people safe....

Burnsville Rifle and Pistol Range Roger has a nice operation
Dakota County Gun Club – Outdoor it is a prvate club and there is a waiting list but has facilities to 300yds for rifle, informal trap, CAS shooting, a youth 22 range, and handgun range to 25yds
Dakotah Range construction of an addtion caused fire this spring and the tribe closed the range and the new range construction

There are some other clubs if you are vet or child of vet you could join the Richfiiedl VFW they have a range near Elco, and Fariabult Gun Club has a range NW of Fariabault.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:46:51 PM EST

Originally Posted By rn22723:
Reality is that aside from Oakdale there are no public outdoor ranges, and so Oakdale is open to the public on weekend thru fall with restrictions. Otherwise BPR out to nearly 50yds indoor. Rules are made to keep people safe....

Burnsville Rifle and Pistol Range Roger has a nice operation
Dakota County Gun Club – Outdoor it is a prvate club and there is a waiting list but has facilities to 300yds for rifle, informal trap, CAS shooting, a youth 22 range, and handgun range to 25yds
Dakotah Range construction of an addtion caused fire this spring and the tribe closed the range and the new range construction

There are some other clubs if you are vet or child of vet you could join the Richfiiedl VFW they have a range near Elco, and Fariabult Gun Club has a range NW of Fariabault.

Ty for the feedback. I checked out their websites and did a Mapquest to determine distance. Looks like the Burnsville place is only 2.5 miles from my house and will do nicely.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:06:41 PM EST
I've been going to the Range in Hudson, WI and it is a pretty nice place. It's only 20 mins from St. Paul. $10 gate fee for rifle and pistol, tuesdays and thursdays 16.00 - 20.00 and open on weekends too. It is an outdoor facility.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:44:05 PM EST
Bald Eagle Sportsman's Club. It in between Hugo and White Bear, has 25, 50 and 100 yard ranges. "when" I can get out that is where I go, otherwise, I go to Bill's in circle pines.
Top Top