Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 11:37:11 AM EDT
in Erwin Tn.
Have had a few recomendations and I'm thinking of applying there.
(Just don't want to end up "glowing in the dark")
Hessian-1
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:25:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I've not heard of them, but that don't mean squat. Lots of these companies end &/or start up with the loss & gaining of any govt contract, IMO.

Good luck!!!!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:28:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Go for it.  You wont glow.  My brother-in-law started there about 6 years ago doing cleanup stuff in one of the areas.  They pay better than most places in the area.  He was primarily outside and they bought him a ton of Carhart clothes.  There are some dangerous areas there and some stupid people, but there have been no major accidents.

The biggest delay in getting on there seems to be the Security Clearance.  Are they hiring?  Must mean they got a new contract or a renewal.

Good Luck.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:52:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks! A few people in upper management have suggested I send them my resume. Just wanted some objective 1st hand knowledge IYKWIM
Hessian-1
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:58:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I would definitely do it.  If it was me.  Especially if they are telling you too.  Knowing someone there will probably go a long way.  

I looked into trying to get a job there about 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:43:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a interest in how this turns out. My son runs a reactor on the USS Enterprise and will be comeing back to Tn.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:46:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Emailed cover letter & updated resume this morning after talking to one of my "contacts."
Wish me luck?
Hessian-1

(fiannafal: I'll keep everybody posted.)
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:00:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Several years ago I done a lot of construction there ( Iron Work ) .. From what I have seen looks like a good place to work , they run a tight ship   But of course in that business you'd have to ! .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top