Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 9/18/2004 2:56:53 PM EST
Hog ride today so I missed the gun show..I am going on Sunday but I am wondering how it was??

Should I break open the piggy bank for hicap mags and folding stocks or just bring enough money for jerky?

Thx

Scott
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:16:20 PM EST
Just the jerky. No folding stocks that I saw and $25-30 for normal capacity Glock mags and a handful of $10 30 round AR mags. Ask me specific questions via IM. The show was a bust.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:18:32 PM EST

Originally Posted By ajm1911:
The show was a bust.

I find that very hard to believe!

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:28:17 PM EST
No really my friend had enough money to buy a decent AR($700+) but no one was selling anything that appealed to him for an appropriate price. he couldn't find what he wanted
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:05:24 PM EST
And there you have it, your typical Crosssroads of the West Gunshow.

Why don't we have the kind of gun shows they have down south?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:20:45 PM EST
I saw some NIW AR mags for $35! I even saw a couple of guns with tags that said "Preban". Just the usual crap though. I saw one table setting out Olympic CAR stocks, didn't see a price though. The best prices I saw were from Tight Group Enterprises, a local Salt Lake company. He had NIW LEO marked 30's for $16 (I think).
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:48:43 AM EST
Pays to haggle a bit. The guy with the "CLIPS" and "MAGAZINES" signs with all of the glass cases had NIW 30rd parkerized magazines for $11.95. I asked him if he would take $10 each for a quantity purchase and the deal was done. He had tons of them. The next lowest price was $12.50 and that guy wouldn't deal. He has in the past, but not this time.

They dropped their "hi-cap" Glock prices a couple of times. Supply on those was sparse so the prices were not yet as low as they should have been. I think by the next show the prices will be much better.

Overall, it was not as bad as the last show, but certainly not what it should be.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:44:48 AM EST

Originally Posted By lawsec:
Pays to haggle a bit. The guy with the "CLIPS" and "MAGAZINES" signs with all of the glass cases had NIW 30rd parkerized magazines for $11.95. I asked him if he would take $10 each for a quantity purchase and the deal was done. He had tons of them. The next lowest price was $12.50 and that guy wouldn't deal. He has in the past, but not this time.

They dropped their "hi-cap" Glock prices a couple of times. Supply on those was sparse so the prices were not yet as low as they should have been. I think by the next show the prices will be much better.

Overall, it was not as bad as the last show, but certainly not what it should be.

I missed that table. Other than the mags from Tight Group, the only ones I saw were $30+.
Page Hometown » Utah
Top Top