Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 3:56:53 PM EDT
Hog ride today so I missed the gun show..I am going on Sunday but I am wondering how it was??

Should I break open the piggy bank for hicap mags and folding stocks or just bring enough money for jerky?

Thx

Scott
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:16:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Just the jerky. No folding stocks that I saw and $25-30 for normal capacity Glock mags and a handful of $10 30 round AR mags. Ask me specific questions via IM. The show was a bust.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:18:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The show was a bust.

I find that very hard to believe!

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:28:17 PM EDT
[#3]
No really my friend had enough money to buy a decent AR($700+) but no one was selling anything that appealed to him for an appropriate price. he couldn't find what he wanted
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#4]
And there you have it, your typical Crosssroads of the West Gunshow.

Why don't we have the kind of gun shows they have down south?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:20:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw some NIW AR mags for $35!  I even saw a couple of guns with tags that said "Preban".  Just the usual crap though.  I saw one table setting out Olympic CAR stocks, didn't see a price though.  The best prices I saw were from Tight Group Enterprises, a local Salt Lake company.  He had NIW LEO marked 30's for $16 (I think).  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:48:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Pays to haggle a bit.  The guy with the "CLIPS" and "MAGAZINES" signs with all of the glass cases had NIW 30rd parkerized magazines for $11.95.  I asked him if he would take $10 each for a quantity purchase and the deal was done.  He had tons of them.  The next lowest price was $12.50 and that guy wouldn't deal.  He has in the past, but not this time.      

They dropped their "hi-cap" Glock prices a couple of times.  Supply on those was sparse so the prices were not yet as low as they should have been.  I think by the next show the prices will be much better.

Overall, it was not as bad as the last show, but certainly not what it should be.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:44:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Pays to haggle a bit.  The guy with the "CLIPS" and "MAGAZINES" signs with all of the glass cases had NIW 30rd parkerized magazines for $11.95.  I asked him if he would take $10 each for a quantity purchase and the deal was done.  He had tons of them.  The next lowest price was $12.50 and that guy wouldn't deal.  He has in the past, but not this time.      

They dropped their "hi-cap" Glock prices a couple of times.  Supply on those was sparse so the prices were not yet as low as they should have been.  I think by the next show the prices will be much better.

Overall, it was not as bad as the last show, but certainly not what it should be.  

I missed that table.  Other than the mags from Tight Group, the only ones I saw were $30+.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top