Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2005 5:58:25 AM EDT
Wondering what all is involved, costs? I want a suppressor or 2. maybe a sbr.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 2:22:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Might want to read this.  There is an entire section devoted to NC, and it is somewhat unsettling.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:43:03 AM EDT
[#2]
My hopes were dashed for owning an auto moving to NC.
There are NFA owners here but "grandfathered"
Short of operating a business with a storefront I do not believe there are options.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:15:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Our corporation has three SBRs.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:06:47 AM EDT
[#4]
You can stll get class 3's here in NC you just have to convince your chief law enforcement officer to sign off on your form 4 .I know the sherrif in Davidson County will sign for one if you lived in the county there.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My hopes were dashed for owning an auto moving to NC.
There are NFA owners here but "grandfathered"
Short of operating a business with a storefront I do not believe there are options.

I am interested more in suppressors and sbr. I dont have the money to spend on machine guns, their prices have become rediculous.  I just dont want to have to go ask the sheriff for permission whenever I want to buy something.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:15:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Not to get off of topic but has anyone went the trust route?  If so what did you write on your forms for the reason.  I have been told to write "asset to the trust", but this is not a reason according to NC law.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:44:09 PM EDT
[#7]
A lot of guys I work with own several MG's and suppressors.  Not really a problem to get 'em.  As taverndog said, your sheriff just has to sign off on 'em.  Guilford County's sheriff is tough to convince but in Davidson COunty, where I live, it's easier.  

David is a great sheriff.  Get to know him first and it really "greases the skids" when it comes time to getting the forms signed.  This applies to any sheriff when you're asking for him or her to put his signature on something.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:50:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Gaston County Sheriff will sign off from what I hear.  I have only obtained my CCW, never tried getting a suppressor or anything yet.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:13:06 AM EDT
[#9]
NC law addresses all NFA weapons except AOWs.

And the attorney general's office is apparently saying it's illegal for someone to get a machinegun just because the NFA allows them too. We have some dumb law on the books from 1933 that regulates machineguns.

SBRs, SBSs, DDs, Suppressors are all cool.

Basically if your sheriff will sign you can get anything short of a machinegun in NC.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:23:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:32:10 AM EDT
[#11]
What about FFL holders, including C&R, as referenced by the link provided by Gomer Pyle?  

I'm unhappy to hear about this, since I will actaully be able to afford a "cheapie" class III firearm after I sell my house and bug out of NoVA.  I am considering NC, but ya'll seem to have some NJ style gun laws.  What's up with THAT??  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#12]
So, has no one ever even filled for a corp in Nc? I just want to know the fees , should I get a lawyer to do it? What all is involved?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top