Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2005 10:17:33 AM EDT
At the Expo center.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I wish but a little too far away for me........
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:00:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Im thinking no.

Seeing as Im broke.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:42:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Save your money. Unless you want to buy some throwing darts, beanie babies, jerky or buy some POS tee shirts, you are wasting the $9 it costs to enter.

That show is the biggest POS there is.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:05:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Save your money. Unless you want to buy some throwing darts, beanie babies, jerky or buy some POS tee shirts, you are wasting the $9 it costs to enter.

That show is the biggest POS there is.

last time I went I got a Four position stock for $30

and got a trade offer for my Beretta 92fs for a Springfield 1911
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:43:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey, it's your money but I sure won't waste my time, money and gas going there.

Actually, if you factor in your time, what it cost you to get there and the admission fee, that was no $30 stock.

No offense, but what is a trade "offer" good for? Either you trade or you don't. That doesn't sound like it was that good of a trade, at least to me.

The last several times I have been to this specific show, it has gotten worse and worse. There were even fewer dealers there at the last show than I have ever seen. At $9 just to get in, it wasn't even worth the view. There were still guys in there selling "pre ban" rifles at "pre ban" prices. Same with some mags. What really put me over was all the non gun related crap that was let in and had a table. Blow guns, jerky, tee shirts, it was all there. I can get into the Flea Market for free.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:36:41 AM EDT
[#6]
The only real values of the gun shows are:

1 - finding a deal from some guy walking around.

2 - getting to handle something you saw in a magazine or online before buying one.  I really wanted a Krebs Custom based on magazine reviews but when I handled one, I thought it's just an AK and went with the WASR.  So a gun show saved me $800.

3 - Cheap AK mags!!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:16:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I got 8 new Ar-15 mags from a dealer for $60 they were Labelle manufactured mags.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Got a Colt AR bayo and a russian Isevsk bayo.  I must have missed something because I saw booths full of stripped AR lowers and a couple of AK's.  Worst I saw was surplus ALICE gear and that airsoft shit.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Some folks get screwed on gunshows. In Smyrna it's still only $5 to get in with free parking.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:08:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:41:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Good deal, Ron Dickson charges $10/person in Louisville for a show and the Fairgrounds gets $5 for parking for any event.

There is at least one promoter here who does small shows and doesn't charge for women or kids...I will go to the show just to support him for that perk.  Most kids and wives (not all) don't care to go but then to be charged for them is ridiculous.

Essayons
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top