Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2006 3:46:20 PM EDT
?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:53:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Not in April. I am going to the October shoot.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:24:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Any Georgia folks going this weekend?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:29:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I am going with few friends.  We wont get there until Friday night though.  We go at least once a year or sometimes twice for the past 6 years.  It's always fun.  We always make the October shoot.

Avgshooter
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:37:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Had a couple of people extend an invite, but turkey season is only 5 weeks long.

Wathc out turkey birds.......This is going to be a bad weekend for your kind!!!!!!

TD
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:03:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Not too many good prices.  Model 1 quoted more for 7.5" AR upper, than the catalog price!  I bought a new 20-round mag for $10, and a steel plate target for $25.  At the prices charged, it appeared that no dealers wanted to sell anything.  We get better pricing over the Internet through dealers on this site, and save the expense of traveling.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:49:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:41:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Not too many good prices.  Model 1 quoted more for 7.5" AR upper, than the catalog price!  I bought a new 20-round mag for $10, and a steel plate target for $25.  At the prices charged, it appeared that no dealers wanted to sell anything.  We get better pricing over the Internet through dealers on this site, and save the expense of traveling.

I did pretty good.  I primarily went to buy things that I couldn't get any other way.  Like the DSA para kit.  You order one of those and you wait 6 months to a year to get it.  I didn't want to wait that long.  I got a para stock for my wife's M1 carbine much cheaper than you can buy it online.  I got the case of new 30 round Hungarian AK mags much cheaper than online as well.  I guess it is all in what you are looking for.

Here's a total of what I got...
FAL items....the Para kit, scope mount, and 30 round mags, and a Lula.

AK items.....Romainian kits, tapco flats (at $10 each), a case of Hungarian 30 round mags (NIB), and one case of 7.62x39mm hollow point

M1 Carbine items....11 GI 15 round mags, a folder stock (repro of the original USGI Paratrooper stock), and a case of Carbine Wolf, Poly, FMJ.

Here are some pics.  The pup is 9 months old.  Full blooded beagle and his name is Fn-Fal...or as I call him...Finacious Maximous.  

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:28:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I have two of beagle/hound type dogs.  Shots and annual exam due this month....OUCH!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have two of beagle/hound type dogs.  Shots and annual exam due this month....OUCH!

Do the shots yourself...go to Tractor Supply or your local farm supply and get a canine 7 or 8-in-1 shot and put it under the skin in a meaty area.  Unless it's rabies...DIY will save a buncha ammo $$$.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:42:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I went I got a few things
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:12:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, that's is good news to me.  I am starting to think that my vet is taking me to the bank, her bank.  She said that, "according to Georgia law", I cannot give shots to my dogs, AND an annual exam is required.  Both my dogs last year cost me a bit over $250 for all shots, heartworm test, and physical exam.  Vet tried to give them the kennel cough shot, but my dogs don't go to kennels, ever.

I am thinking that this vet is like my last dentist: always tried to sell me something I didn't have to have.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#12]
KCR:
I did see many AK mags at a good price, but I don't have AK's anymore.  I saw the part sets too, but I don't build AK's anymore.  I like the AK very much; I just don't want to get stuck with an expensive stick when ammo imports are banned, or the AK is banned/confiscated.  Along that thinking is why I have the AR platform: ammo will be plentiful from the right source, and I sure as hell will not surrender my firearms.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Well, that's is good news to me.  I am starting to think that my vet is taking me to the bank, her bank.  She said that, "according to Georgia law", I cannot give shots to my dogs, AND an annual exam is required.  Both my dogs last year cost me a bit over $250 for all shots, heartworm test, and physical exam.  Vet tried to give them the kennel cough shot, but my dogs don't go to kennels, ever.

I am thinking that this vet is like my last dentist: always tried to sell me something I didn't have to have.

She's taking you for a ride.  The 7 or 8 in 1 is the same price...4 bucks and change.  You can give them the shots...that's why they sell them.  If you don't know how to give the shot...ask the folks at the farm supply for instructions.  You can't give the rabies shot.

You don't have to have a heart worm test.  Lots of places won't sell you heart worm preventative meds if you don't have a negative heart worm test.  If you have had a test and your dogs don't have heart worms...just buy the heart worm preventative med and give it to them regularly.

The physical exam is...your dog is a porker...walk him more.  Your dog had filthy teeth...brush them.  There...were're done.

No kennal...no cough.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:16:00 PM EDT
[#14]
After reading your previous post, and talking with a friend who has FOUR dogs, I am being taken for a ride.  She has a vet who did the all shots for two dogs at HALF the price I paid.  I give my dogs Frontline Plus and Heartgard the first of each month.  I have a pure bred beagle type "Baiely": looks like a huge beagle or a small English Fox Hound.  He has a wet mouth, lives for his nose, and doesn't mind getting wet.  Weighs in at a hefty 45 pounds.  I got him when he weighed 32 pounds with ribs and hips showing (emaciated).  A found-in-the-parking-lot-dog-begging-for-food.  Mother Nature played a bad trick on me with my other dog, "Highway".  He has the body and disposition of a Jack Russel, and is painted like a beagle (has beagle ears and nose).  I found him along I-20, weighing 8 pounds, dehydrated, neck bones showing (along with everything else), fleas and ticks, bald spots, worms, ear mites, eye infection.  He nows weighs 20 pounds.  They are best friends.  When one takes a leak, the other follows it: Mutt and Jeff.  Both dogs always test negative for heartworm.  They are money pits, to be sure, but who else would own my house except them.  The more people I meet at work, the more I like my dogs.

Edited to add my dogs: L-R: Highway, Bailey

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:29:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Mother Nature played a bad trick on me with my other dog, "Highway".  He has the body and disposition of a Jack Russel, and is painted like a beagle (has beagle ears and nose).  I found him along I-20, weighing 8 pounds, dehydrated, neck bones showing (along with everything else), fleas and ticks, bald spots, worms, ear mites, eye infection.  He nows weighs 20 pounds.  

You are his savior...he will likely never forget that!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top