Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2005 3:31:56 PM EDT
Thinking about making the trip....I need some parts for my Saiga-20 conversion and I'm getting a jerky hankerin....

Might even stop by Millers afterwards if the weather isn't crap.

Anybody else goin?

I'm hoping Glimmer shows up so he can bird dog me some more Enfields too...
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 4:34:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I'll go, but you owe ME an Enfield. J/K I do seem to have knack for spotting Enfields. Problem is I let other people buy 'em out from under me.

Got a 1986 Ishy No1 on the way from Allan's Armory. This C&R thing is going to get me in trouble.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I am gonna be there Sat  morning I think,when you guys going???
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 5:29:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am gonna be there Sat  morning I think,when you guys going???

Usually get there around 10:30.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Might give it a look Saturday morning.  That is if I don't decide to try to make my week vacation into two as I sit here in front of the fire with a nice cool drink.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 6:51:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Might give it a look Saturday morning.  That is if I don't decide to try to make my week vacation into two as I sit here in front of the fire with a nice cool drink.

You visiting your parents?
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 7:43:09 PM EDT
[#6]
You all is onyour own for the Goodman reportthis time around, I am sitting here in a Residence Inn by Marriot here in Downers Grove - Lombard (Chicago -IL) till friday afternoon.

Maybe get to gather with the local crew here if they can do it, there is a Hooters around the corner.

Refer to topic in the IL hometown forum.  

Supposed to catch up with Troy of BarrelXchange to get a 40 upper assembled for the MAC while I'm here.  (Hey KY-Bob----> )
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 4:46:21 AM EDT
[#7]
i'll try to make it.......

Link Posted: 3/8/2005 4:40:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I may go, but will only be able to swing the admission charge.  Just found out I owe the IRS three grand.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 6:05:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I may go, but will only be able to swing the admission charge.  Just found out I owe the IRS three grand.  

My condolences!

I just IMed you with some good news. Let me know.(I'll buy the coffee, I usually file an extension)

Hessian-1out!
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 7:57:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Ouch....well if you go I'll buy you some kettle corn or a Lorcin .25.

Can't go home empty handed from a funshow!

(I wonder which is cheaper? Kettle Corn or a Lorcin??)
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 11:20:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You visiting your parents?

Yeah and it took me until last night to see snow for my vacation!  As I get off the plane in Columbus
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#12]
As stated before,(I think?), I'm going to try to be there Saturday morning. I've got something to return to redleg and I'm sitting here looking at a bunch of .45 Ball thinking; I don't have anything to shoot this in! Maybe time to look for another 1911 style pistola(seeing as I traded off my Gold Cup.
Or maybe a Glock in .45? But then what do I do with all my "1911" "leather?"

Decisions, decisions! I've come to the conclusion that guns are to guys as shoes are to women. You can only use one (pair of shoes) at a time, but you have absolutely got to have a whole safe (closet) full! Hey! If they can justify it so can I!

Hessian-1out!
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:25:23 AM EDT
[#13]
I haven't been to the last few Dayton shows but do you guys think there will be any quality stripped lowers for sale this weekend?
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 6:33:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Hessian-1,
Just sent you a IM.......

COLT!
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 6:33:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Ill be there Sat morning.  Swingset, I probably have some off the parts you need for your conversion, and cheap too.  Anyone going need a case of .308 port?
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 7:52:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Ill be there Sat morning.  Swingset, I probably have some off the parts you need for your conversion, and cheap too.  Anyone going need a case of .308 port?

I only need a pistol grip nut I think at this point. I've located everything else but that one pesky little part is holding me up.

I'll be there around 12:30 or so, my buddy wants to go and he can't make it early.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:04:09 AM EDT
[#17]
I may make Millers and the show on Sat. Been working on a little project. Neds a little testing.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Anyone going need a case of .308 port?

I plan on being there Sat afternoon.  I'll gladly that the Portuguese off your hands.  
Let me know if Sat PM will work, and I'll IM you my cell number.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 1:52:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I may make Millers and the show on Sat. Been working on a little project. Neds a little testing.

Damn that sucks. I have to go to a wedding saturday Warm the berm up for me
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 7:45:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Will be there early as I've got to squeeze in some shooting, hopefully Millers will be nicely frozen and I can setup WAAY back... last three visits have had folks at 25yds acting like they are miles from the target
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:04:54 AM EDT
[#21]
should be there about 10:30---11.

will be wearing a dark hoodie with a harley hat. stop and say hey.....

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:50:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Was up way late last night. Just getting out of the house
Hessian-1
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:03:07 AM EDT
[#23]
I will be there tomorrow ( sunday ) .... looking to wheel an deal.... should be there around 11am

got a custom 1911 to trade/sell off.

COLT!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:44:53 PM EDT
[#24]
So did anyone see any good quality stripped lowers for sale?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:15:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Yup, the AR parts guy (dude and his son that sell all the fancies) had them, didn't inquire about price but there are lowers there.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#26]
I plan on doing Hara tomorrow(went to Medina today got a (multi cal marked pistol) lower I'm building into my 9mm pistol/carbine. Looking for a cheap .45(got lots of .45 ball and traded off my GoldCup last weekend (or I'll trade it for 40 S&W ammo)) Then down to JME's to drop off some stuff.
Hessian-1out!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#27]
What time you meeting Johnny?  At the shop I presume?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:14:45 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Probably after the show(I usually am there till the end(get some of  my best deals while people are packing up)) JME said he'd probably be at the shop most of the day.

Hessian-1out!
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:04:46 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, the AR parts guy (dude and his son that sell all the fancies) had them, didn't inquire about price but there are lowers there.

Those guys have all the goodies.  For me, it's almost worth the trip down to Dayton just to check out their display.

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:59:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Traded off some little used rifles, sold a .22 ruger, saw colt_sniper & better half,got some neat stuff for my new carbine,a case of .40 S&W, and then down to JME's to "put him to work."
He helped me finish some projects that would have taken me alot more time by myself and bore-sighted my new toy! The least I could do is buy him a beer or two and dinner! So I did!
(Thanks again, Brian! (121 miles/1 hour 30 minutes)High speed, low drag!)

(Almost forgot saw Collin at the show with a mighty pretty rifle he built!)

(Redleg, your "baby" is now in JME's capable hands,)

If I forgot anything/body, Sorry it's late and I must sleep!

Hessian-1out!
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:13:57 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Where were you Hal?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:30:50 AM EDT
[#32]
made it saturday morning about 10:40am.

took a fridn of mine along..andy

walked for a couple of hours. saw some neat stuff.

picked up some cleaning stuff just prior to walking out the door....

never got to meet anyone from here....

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:40:46 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where were you Hal?

My wifes sister- husband and their 6 kids invaded my space after church, so I was stuck here to watch "The Passion of the Christ"  with them.

I did get the barrel out a spare upper I have, so you can have all parts to fit with.  Other parts are in Chicago for the install of 40 S&W barrel and cut of bolt  by Troy of Barrel Exchange.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:52:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Well, I met Hessian at Hara...he looks just like his avatar.  Bought some toys from the guy and his son who have AR stuff, nothing expensive.  Also picked up a K31 with my C&R for only seventy nine bucks, same price as AIM.  
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top